cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

My mom is moving into an assisted retirement residence.  Instead of transferring her home phone to her new home, I would like to buy her a cell phone which is especially made for seniors.  So far, all the ones that I have looked at are not popular well-known brands, and these brands are not listed in your compatibility dropdown. I have found one that says that it is compatible with Telus, Bell, and Rogers. If it is compatible with Telus, does that mean it will be compatible with Public Mobile?  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

35 REPLIES 35

Karnbot13

@TessieBoo wrote:

Thank you. I have looked in the list of compatible phones, and none of the brands that I’ve looked at are listed there.  So, now I’m just wondering if a phone is compatible with Telus, is it compatible with Public.  

Yes, if the phone says it is compatible with Telus or Bell it will work with Public. I would check the frequencies listed to be sure they aren't wrong about it though

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo wrote:

Thank you. I have looked in the list of compatible phones, and none of the brands that I’ve looked at are listed there.  So, now I’m just wondering if a phone is compatible with Telus, is it compatible with Public.  

@TessieBoo 

and if you found compatible with Telus, is will working with public mobile, 

because public mobile used network fromTelus.

TessieBoo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

Check Your Phone's Compatibility,

To test whether your phone is compatible with our network and not marked as lost or stolen, click here linkPublic Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

update @TessieBoo  for more information visit Here link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

and if you found with compatible with Telus, is will working with public mobile,

for public mobile phone compatibility

you have to put it a device brand for any phone to you can see all information,

following  >> To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click  HERE

you can visit HERE

visit Here  to you can see full information about your device.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.