cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

Hodgie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My on line balance says $0 but my credit card (auto pay) was charged.  Why?

12 REPLIES 12

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Autopay will charge your cc automatically every renewal date for amount owed and that will reduce your amount owing to 0. Rewards will reduce your amount owing.

Hodgie

I don't find the PM site the easiest to navigate but thank you for your answers.

@Hodgie wrote:

How do you check the previous months bill and how do I contact someone if need be?

Go into your self serve account's payment history and look for the balance that it shows before the renewal date.  If you need to contact someone, that can be done through  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Hodgie

How do you check the previous months bill and how do I contact someone if need be?

Hodgie

No Available funds in my account now.

Hodgie

What amount of sales tax?  On $10 and 13%........$1.30.......that's not what was on my bill.  Are there other charges?  I wish the payment history/billing was visible for previous months.

@Triguy wrote:

There is also sales tax charged for your payment.

Assuming that the member already had the full amount needed in the account balance, sales tax doesn't need to be shown as being in the Public Mobile account balance as tax would have already been paid at this point.

@Hodgie , first you need to check if that $10 was in your Public Mobile balance before it was needed or if it was there as a result of needing to add extra funds to cover yoru plan fee. I suspect that you might have had some balance, but not enough to cover the full balance, and that could be why the amount was small.

You're correct in assuming that if you had a $10 balance before autopay kicked in, your credit card linked to your atuoapay should not have been charged anything since you're on a $10 plan. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is also sales tax charged for your payment.

Hodgie

Sorry...I just edited my response.  I had $10 available funds and am on the $10 plan.  Doesn't that mean it should be $0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hodgie wrote:

According to my payment history, I had $10 in Available funds and on the renewal date (today - Nov.18) I was charged a small amount on my credit card.  Not sure why?

That's how it works. Payment is taken from Available Funds first. If insufficient then it looks for autopay. If present then it takes the remainder from the payment card.

Hodgie

According to my payment history, I had $10 in Available funds and on the renewal date (today - Nov.18) I was charged a small amount on my credit card. I am on the $10 plan.  Not sure why?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hodgie wrote:

My on line balance says $0 but my credit card (auto pay) was charged.  Why?

When was your plan renewal date ? If your Available Funds is 0 at renewal time, then your credit card on file gets dinged...minus whatever rewards are due (autopay etc).

Need Help? Let's chat.