cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

helloiamtrang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was charged for the second cycle on Feb 09. The balance showed that I would be charged $12 (my plan minus rewards). But when I checked my bank app, I wonder why I was charged $12.65? What was .65? 

8 REPLIES 8

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It should be $0.56 and that is taxes.

What you see on PM account is charge without taxes (assuming it is 13% for you).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@helloiamtrang 

Welcome to public mobile!

$25 plan - ($2 autopay credit**+$10 bonus referral credit=$12)=$13(amount owing=$12) - $2 autopay reward (applied upon renewal)=$11 charged to your autopay card $11+$1.65 (HST)=$12.65

**When registering your card for autopay during activation you are credited with the $2 autopay reward after activation. Then at renewal your $2 autopay reward is applied to your available funds for your second 30 days of service.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@helloiamtrang 

If you can post a screenshot of your transaction history on self serve account, we can be certain.

However if I were to guess, the $12 balance that you are referring to was probably your available balance (a credit which applies toward your renewal) 

If your plan is the $25, the auto-pay discount applying would result in $11+tax being withdrawn. (EDIT: IF you used a referral code upon activating)

At the applicable tax rate in Nova Scotia that would amount to $12.65.

EDIT:  @esjliv post above also makes sense if was on the $15 plan.   Also depends on auto pay status and whether you used someone's referral code on your activation.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@helloiamtrang  - if you signed up with Autopay 30 days prior to Feb. 9, then :

$15 (plan) -

$4 ($2 1st cycle + $2 2nd cycle) = 

$11 + taxes = $12.65

@helloiamtrang wrote:

I was charged for the second cycle on Feb 09. The balance showed that I would be charged $12 (my plan minus rewards). But when I checked my bank app, I wonder why I was charged $12.65? What was .65? 

I suspect that you were charged $11 + a 15% sales tax.  By your calculations based on the your rewards, the plan coming out to $12 + tax says to me that you already had $1 in your account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@helloiamtrang 

Your balance on your Self Serve account will show balance without taxes.

If your province doesn’t charge for provincial sale tax then it would be the goods and serve tax (GST) but it doesn’t add up. Nova Scotia has a total of 15% so you should be charged $1.80 not $0.65. 🤔

helloiamtrang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I checked my bank app, and it clearly showed that I was charged $12.65. This is my first renewal. I live in Nova Scotia.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@helloiamtrang wrote:

@helloiamtrang 

All plans are subject to taxes. So the extra cents will be taxes on the plan amount.

Please confirm based on your province. Is it $13.65 or $12.60?

Need Help? Let's chat.