cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on Account

KarissaDee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed up for a new promo to be applied to my account on the renewal. My payment went through last night and the amount charged to my credit card was higher than it was supposed to be. New policy was supposed to be $35. Also I referred a friend so is that supposed to be a credit on my account or just rewards?  I do see I have a $20 credit now but wondering why this happened and want to make sure it doesn’t happen again next month

7 REPLIES 7

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Stop the dispute! You'll end up in a world of hurt doing that. Get support to fix whatever needs fixing.

That's my initial look.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you did go through the plan change for next renewal and got the credit? This is a piece regulars here have been wondering. (Me at least) Next is to see if the immediate plan change people also get the credit after the renewal.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @KarissaDee   I think it is ok.

You now have $20 credit, next month PM will apply this $20 credit and then charge you only $35, then apply another $20 credit for your payment in the cycle after

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KarissaDee 

You want to make sure they don't credit you $20 next month?.....lol....the way this promo has worked out since it was never supposed to be a plan for existing customers is when scheduled to change on next renewal your card is charged or your available funds are debited the full plan amount of $55 (just like new customers are charged the full $55 plan amount.)

Then as per the terms and conditions of the promotion (as poorly worded as it is) the $20 credit may take up to 2 business days to be added to your account. If you log in using secret/incognito mode and look on your payment page at your upcoming bill you should see the $20 credit (20OFFMONTHLY) discount applied to your renewal payment along with your current 30 day cycles $20 credit in your available funds that will be applied to your amount owing for your next nenewal before your autopay card is charged the balance owing on your plan amount. Something like this....

•  $55/20gb plan (amount due)
  • -$20 OFF MONTHLY promo (discount credit)
  • =$35 plan amount (owing)
  • -$20 available funds (credit from 1st month of $55/20gb plan)
  • =$15 amount due upon renewal
  • $15+tax will be charged to your autopay card.

If your referral activated on or after November 28th thru December 12th at 11:59:59pm eastern then you are both eligible for the bonus $25 ($5×5 month) credit starting the last week of January. Upon your next renewal unless your friend activated before your most recent renewal you will see the 1pt referral reward added to your points earnings in your points rewards account the day after your renewal and after any get back points are added to your points earnings list.

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes make sure it wouldn’t happen again. rewards plan same as before.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KarissaDee   So you signed up for a $55 plan, they charged you $55 and then apply $20 credit back?  If so, this is correct.  you ended up still got charged $35 with the credit

I believe PM is doing this, charge $55 and then apply the $20 credit back

As to the friend rewards.  Are you on the new Public Points rewards system?  If so, they will add 1 Point to your rewards account.  You have to collect up to 15 points to redeem for $15 bill credit.  Please check your My Rewards points here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

Need Help? Let's chat.