cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issues, unable to process transaction

nic_man
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, I've made several attempts with my credit card to pay off my outstanding balance (The same card I have always used, that was already on autopay and had worked previously) but for some reason every time I try to pay I get the error "Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." This doesn't appear to be a declining of my card so I'm a bit confused why this won't work. Appreciate the help!

35 REPLIES 35

nic_man
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just submitted a ticket but is 48 hours really a normal wait window? I've already missed a day's worth of business calls that were critically important..

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you tried many times it may be flagged by the system

Best to contact moderators, response time is not that bad these days.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If you are due today you can also get a voucher so that you don't lose the service

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nic_man was your credit card charged ? If not, your account is locked from too many attempts.  Wait an hour, clear your browser history,  switch to incognito/private mode and try again. Leave the apt field blank. Enter your apt # in the address field. Ie xxxx-street address.

If the problem persists contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@nic_man wrote:

Hey there, I've made several attempts with my credit card to pay off my outstanding balance (The same card I have always used, that was already on autopay and had worked previously) but for some reason every time I try to pay I get the error "Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." This doesn't appear to be a declining of my card so I'm a bit confused why this won't work. Appreciate the help!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nic_man wrote:

@nic_man  Common issue with PM's payment system. The problem is PM's system timing out and not your credit card. Try a one time payment but instead of accepting the auto amount enter the amount manually. Soemtimes that will allow payment to go through.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@nic_man wrote:

Make sure your name and address matches exactly what your credit card company has on file. Have you recently moved?

You can try updating your card info: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

When entering your address, be sure to leave the apartment field blank. If you live in an apartment, enter your address as "1-123 Main St".

If you try the same card number 3 times, it can get locked/refused by PM.

You'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Need Help? Let's chat.