Payment increased by 50%

Pissedoffcstmr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why has my payment increased by 50%?

11 REPLIES 11

Sid-J

I joined PM in 2018
Last year I payed $303.60 for two accounts, now the cost is $524.28 a year, that's a $220.68 increase (over 42%).
Obviously some low cost plans are excluded from current users, it might have been a good gesture to offer something to long term users.
After being with PM for six years, it is clear they are telling me that they don't want my business.

dmach

By not migrating legacy rewards is literally THEFT!

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus has $100 yearly plan for unlimited calls and SMSs with no data, like $8.34 per monthly, Telus has the same service and coverage like PM. If you don’t need data, it’s a great plan.

Pissedoffcstmr

I saw that plan as well.  I've heard the coverage in my area isn't great.  Thankfully, many providers offer an identical $15/month plan, and don't crowdsource their technical support to their customers in exchange for points that are worth pennies.

EB0

I have a $15 plan which used to cost $7 with the new point system , it costs $15 almost double, so I moved to another provider which works fine in my area and cost me $119 per year like $10 per monthly, and get more data 15GB per years like 1.25 GB monthly instead of 0.25 GB with PM $15 plan.

@Pissedoffcstmr sorry, the old rewards system is no longer here 

Best way to save now is to get more friend referrals and participate in Community for Community rewards 

And what plan do you have now??

Your correct,  but we've all been moved to this new Points System. Public Mobile has done away with it, no going back.

Pissedoffcstmr

How do I get my plan back to the same cost instead of rewards that have ZERO value to me?

50% more cost is 50% more.  Off-set by free minutes calling the Philippines doesn't do me any good.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Please read if you haven't seen already. 

As of this month, you will be loosing the $$ discount. You will now have to pay your full plan amount upfront each month. 

They will give you 5% back on your spending each month.

10 points on your anniversary date

1 point per friend referred. 

1-15 points in helping out in the Community. 

No more loyalty.

When you have accumulated 15 points, you sign into your account and redeem that for $15 off your bill or purchase add-ons.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Rastin

The Loyalty points have ended. They have moved everyone to the new points plain. So now you pay full price.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pissedoffcstmr 

there was a reward system change announcement back in March

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.