cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing My Phone Plan

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, 

I'm currently traveling for a few months. How exactly do I place my account in suspension to defer the next payment? 

6 REPLIES 6

@tonidkearney 

Public Mobile only has prepaid plans. There is nothing owed for past missed payments.

tonidkearney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But wouldn't you still get billed for the months that your payment didn't go through? 

@Winning247

yes, correct

Make sure you reactivate manually on around 85th days and no later. 

Also, after you made the payment, use Incognito mode to login again to confirm you see the account changed to ACTIVE and the cycle end date for that cycle is correct 

Yes for many folks going away, they simply allow their account to go into a suspended state after their current cycle ends by removing auto pay.

Then they have up to 90 days of suspended service before they must reactivate.

If you do not reactivate within the 90 days, you're account becomes permanently closed and disabled. 

So if you're going to be gone longer, definitely set a reminder for day 88 and reactivate with $15 plan.

This cycle can be continued indefinitely so that essentially one only has to pay $15 once every 120 days ( 30-day Cycle + 90 day suspended period) to retain the account.

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So all I have to do is remove my credit card so the payment doesn't go through for the next payment?

I already downgraded my plan from $25 to $15 for the next cycle. So I should just add my credit card back and make a payment before the 90-day period, such as 80 days, to keep my account active, correct?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Winning247 

Simply allow your account to suspend and remove the payment card so it does not Auto Renew on the next renewal date.

Your account can be suspended for up to 90 days, after which it will become permanently disabled.

If you are going to be gone greater than 90 days, you need to make a payment to reactivate for one cycle. In that case, it is recommended you purchase just the $15 plan while away. 

Need Help? Let's chat.