cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial port? No incoming calls.

vladster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Yesterday we port the number from voip provider.I was told that it could take up to two days. An hour or two later I coudn't reach my wife(her phone). Neither the old or the new numbers were working. The outgoing calls were working fine-caller id showed the new ported number. I heard that with the voip providers you have to cancel the service yourself. That didn't help either.
12 REPLIES 12

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @vladster

Thank you for confirming, I'm really sorry to hear that the port has not yet completed 😞

I took a look at the request and it was actually your old service provider who has denied it. I have sent you a private message with more information, please view it. 

We'll get this fixed for you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

vladster

It has been a week now since the second attempt to port my number from VoIP.ms No text,no incoming calls since Oct 31.

vladster

publicmob.jpg

2-nd port attemt two weeks later

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @vladster

Did you follow my suggestion ? I'll need you to private message me the number you ported as well as the account number from your old service provider.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

vladster

I was using my old sim card Man Frustrated I gave up.

E-mailed Voip.ms-reactivated my DID within minutes.Got the new PM number via self serve.Re-routed calls via voip provider.I waisted 2 days on PM support-the help never came.

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

your number is not ported yet. try your old sim card, it should still work.

vladster

Day 2 without incoming calls.No idea what to do next. Do I get a temp # since I have no access to the original PM#? Not sure if I can reactivate my DID at voip.ms  The number was partially ported to PM  Man Sad

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @vladster

Thank you for reaching out to us !

Sorry to hear about this - your port could still be in progress but we'll take a look into this for you. If you haven't already, please private message me your phone number. I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.

Respectfully,

Mary

nguygie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue porting my number from Fongo (voip).  I started the port on Friday and was told it would be completed on Tuesday.  Today I received a text message from PM saying my port was successful but I still cannot receive any phone calls and my account on Fongo was automatically closed.  I can call out no problem and the caller-id shows my ported number as well... When someone tries to call me they get the message "this account is not valid"

vladster

Since the original PM number was disconnected and the outbound calls were showing the "new" number I was under the impression that the port was completed.Do they expect people to be without a 100% working phone for a few days during porting? Too bad it's taking forever to receive help from PM.

Hi there

Absolutely, do NOT cancel the VOIP service your service yourself.  If you do that, you will lose your ability to transfer your phone number.  Once the phone number has been complete, the VOIP line will get cancelled automatically.

Also, for VOIP to cellular number porting, that process sometimes takes considerbly longer, sometimes even multiple days.

The incoming communications not be received on your wife's cell phone is a normal situation.  This will keep happening until the phone number is fully transfered, and from what you've said, I don't believe it has been done yet.  Try using your VOIP service. If it still works, the phone number has not yet been transfered, and if you call the phone number, it will ring there.

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Shazia_K or @Mary_M should be able to look into it if thats the case. Typically, you can wait a bit and see if the port will complete by itself, it might take up to 48-72 hours (usually isnt the case).

But lets see if the mods can help.

Need Help? Let's chat.