cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Double

acharity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My renewal date was today (October 30th) and it was automatically withdrawn from my credit card.  I decided to change my plan the same day instead of waiting to the next renewal date in November.  I had to pay today (October 30th) in order to change plans.  I essentially paid twice for my old plan (which was automatically renewed) and the new plan (through credit card).  I don't see credit on my account for the extra amount of money which was paid today.  How can I get money back for the old plan that was automatically withdrawn?  Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They are usually pretty good if it is a misunderstanding like that. Best course of action if they do agree to resolve it in your favour is to leave the extra payment in your balance which can be used for your next renewal

@Yummy wrote:

Do NOT expect any refund.

Your plan renewed as expected - you paid for it.

Then you changed plan NOW - and you paid for it.

Basically you paid twice for plan. Why should PM refund you money???

While I'm aware that this is Public Mobile's policy. there isn't any logical reason that Public Mobile can't pro-rate a plan change. The only reason not to is to increase revenue.  When a customers does an immediate plan change, this results in Public Mobile getting paid but not providing the service.  With that said, there is a rather prominent warning about this policy when proceeding with a plan change.

@acharity wrote:

My renewal date was today (October 30th) and it was automatically withdrawn from my credit card.  I decided to change my plan the same day instead of waiting to the next renewal date in November.  I had to pay today (October 30th) in order to change plans.  I essentially paid twice for my old plan (which was automatically renewed) and the new plan (through credit card).  I don't see credit on my account for the extra amount of money which was paid today.  How can I get money back for the old plan that was automatically withdrawn?  Thanks

I've read many times in Community the suggestion that customers always schedule a plan change to occur on the renewal day. This suggest is partly correct to avoid paying for a plan twice.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't mean that a change should be done with the immediate change option on that same day. That's the worst possible day to do it. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do NOT expect any refund.

Your plan renewed as expected - you paid for it.

Then you changed plan NOW - and you paid for it.

Basically you paid twice for plan. Why should PM refund you money???

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@acharity 

I'm afraid not. But you asked us right away what to do which was smart. Customer support is really good about fixing things if you contact them immediately and explain your honest mistake.

@acharity 

PM ensures there are warnings. this is a DIY service please read the warnings before proceeding through. don't just click on things

@acharity   No prepaid doesn't work that way, but PM does give you the option to Change at Next Renewal which is the recommended option. Your only option now is to contact support.  Good luck.

acharity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought it would have given me credit when I changed the same day as my renewal day which is today.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@acharity 

Normally prepaid service is nonrefundable. Since you just made this mistake you can appeal to customer support explaining you didn't realize you would have to pay twice. Ask very nicely and they may credit your account. Good Luck!

Edit:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

If you want to send a private message skip to the spoiler for that detailed info.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@acharity   You can ask customer support to credit back one of the payments as a gesture of goodwill, no guarantees though.

Here's link to chatbot or CS_Agent, try chatbot first:

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@acharity  Immediate plan change takes your money.. you should have scheduled change for next cycle.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.