cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

Kerux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone says I need to enter a PUK code. How do I find this code? I have a Samsung flip phone. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Kerux wrote:

Yes the phone was used on PM. My child fiddled with settings and this is the first and only time it has locked me out and asked for the code. 
Reboot just returns to this code request. 

@Kerux   test two things

Put your PM sim card in another phone , if it ask the same thing, it is a sim card puk it was asking.  Then you will need to use this link to open ticket with PM support:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

And put another Active sim card into the Samsung phone, if it ask the same thing , then start with calling Samsung at 1-800-726-7864

Kerux

No. The phone was purchased several months ago. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kerux 

It might be locked by Samsung Canada so call 1-800-SAM-SUNG to get the PUK.

Did you just purchased this phone?

Kerux

Yes the phone was used on PM. My child fiddled with settings and this is the first and only time it has locked me out and asked for the code. 
Reboot just returns to this code request. 

@Kerux   was the phone ever used on PM network? if not, which provider it was used on before?  it could be that you need to call that provider for unlock code

if you have been using the phone on PM before, then did you ever use sim pin and need to enter the pin at every reboot of the phone? 

Kerux

The exact message is: 

“PUK lock”

and beneath this a window to input 

“PUK code”

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kerux 

what was the exact error message? Depends on the message, you have to ask the PUK code from different places

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed" or on an iPhone's status bar showing  "Locked SIM"

open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP"  or  on an iPhone's About->Carrier Lock showing "SIM locked"

You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code. (PM would not be able to help with this) 

Need Help? Let's chat.