cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer with Public Mobile.  

I am trying to get my parents signed up with your company.  

I purchased two SIM cards to do this.

I have received the unlock code from my previous provider for one of my old phones but I can not enter it because the phone asks me for a PUK code fo the SIM card.

I have already ruined one SIM card entering the unlock condes.

So I figured I would insert my already working SIM from my LT Velvet to unlock the Samsunge 7 Edge.

It is also asking me for a PUK Code for the SIM Card and will not let me proceed further.

This is very frustrating,  I absolutely hate that I can not talk to a real human with Public Mobile when I am having issues.

Maybe your service isn't right for me or the rest of my family.....

11 REPLIES 11
Moved:

not-trust-anyone: Consisently repeating others will be considered as spam. Please refrain from doing this.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@2182 

Is this the screen you are getting? If so then you can enter 1 2 3 4. But only try once.

Screenshot_20220918-135035.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@2182 

There are three very similar sounding error codes regarding SIM card unlocking. It's important that you tell us exactly the wording of the error code to avoid locking the phone and turning it into a brick. Please don't enter any more codes until you give us the exact error message you are getting.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@2182 wrote:

No...I already have the unlock code fo the phone from my previous provider.  I need the PUK Code for my SIM card in order to enter it....

@2182 You can follow the link in the first post to submit a ticket for a CSA (although it say Moderator, when you go to SIMon Chatbot...CSA (Customer Support Agents) and Moderator same thing, just new and old terminology).

@2182 wrote:

No...I already have the unlock code fo the phone from my previous provider.  I need the PUK Code for my SIM card in order to enter it....

HI @2182   not sure if the reply is for me.  But my reply is to direct you how to get the PUK code for your sim card from PM CS agent.  Yes, they can get the sim card PUK for you, please open ticket with them

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@2182    The PM SIM card default code is 1234. 

But to unlock the phone, you need to contact either the previous provider who or phone Samsung and they will be able to give you the code to unlock your phone.

Hi @2182   for sim card unlock code, PM CS agent can help, you can open them ticket :

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Unlock a phone
then Click "Sim card PUK"
next Click "Contact Us"
finally Click "Click her to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I mean one of the new cards is now locked because I entered the wrong code three times.

So I figured I would just use my already working SIM card to get the unlock screen on my Samsung 7 Edge.

But when I insert it, I get the same screen asking me for the SIM card PUK.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@2182 

For Samsung phones you can get the unlocking code directly from Samsung Canada. Either connect through chat on their website or call this number 1-800-726-7864.

You will need your IMEI# from the phone (s).

You can get this by dialing *#06# on the phone's keypad.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@2182  - what do you mean ruined SIM cards? You hopefully can get that unlocked by CSA.

Hopefully this link can help you determine which Puk message you are receiving and how to solve it:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml6dfoOGWCbzEjqGe8...

Need Help? Let's chat.