cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK and SOS

marspice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son has been unable to use his phone for a few weeks.

It says Enter PUK on one screen (what is PUK?)

and SOS only where Public Mobile is.  He doesn't know what he did to get put in PM jail 😞

How do we get outta jail?Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 8.40.28 PM.jpegScreenshot 2023-01-09 at 8.40.42 PM.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

@maurice wrote:

Unfortunately Public Mobile does not provide the PUK on the SIM or the SIM packaging as other carriers have in the past. You therefore have to contact Public Mobile as noted by others. Here is a link to a PM help article on that, which also includes a link to get support:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

I'm not going to say that no carrier does that, but I've never once seen the PUK provided on the packaging for any carrier's SIM card.  This includes most of the major carriers in Canada.

maurice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PUK stands for Personal Unlocking Key. It is unique to each SIM. If for whatever reason you have entered your PIN incorrectly 3 times,  you will require a PUK to reset the PIN and allow you to use the phone.

Unfortunately Public Mobile does not provide the PUK on the SIM or the SIM packaging as other carriers have in the past. You therefore have to contact Public Mobile as noted by others. Here is a link to a PM help article on that, which also includes a link to get support:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

You should also be aware that as is shown on your son's phone, that you only have 10 attempts to properly enter the PUK.  If you exceed that, the SIM will be disabled.  You do not want that.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems his curiosity got the better of him. The old "what's this do?". It's a way of protecting the phone from misuse. You turn on the option, set a code and then thereafter you have to enter the code to use the phone. And enter the code to turn the option off.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@marspice 

You'll have to get the code from a Customer Support Agent.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket started.

The link is at the bottom of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.