cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY! SCAM ALERT! PORT OVER NOV. 16 STILL NO SERVICE!

jswu333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am requesting a full refund!  $120.00 4GB plan + $5 sim back to my credit card.  After sending emails & many private messagessssss to different mods, I get 0 response from Public Mobile.  5 days later my porting is still not done from fido.  I want nothing anymore from this company.   Please refund asap or else tomorrow I will just call my credit card and report you guys as scam.  Many complaints will follow up! 

Jessica

56 REPLIES 56

jswu333

Isn't this funny?   Out calling call works but incoming doesn't while my old line works fine.  What kinda porting is this!  FYI, I already gave all the details w/ my account info and private message to mods and support email many times.  I wait and wait and wait.... no answer... But who cares right?

@ajaffery  good point because at that point your account would be closed with your old provider and now that number isported to PM so if you were on an older plan that had better pricing then what your provider now offers I am not sure how it would work if they would honour they old deal or get you on a new pricing plan and then port your number over

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@seltaeb1956 wrote:

There are hundreds of us in the same situation, what really upsets me is when someone says did you do this or that?......READ the board people, every item in the discussion area is about this problem, and nobody is getting a simple answer, should be a class action lawsuit. File a complaint with CRTC, thats all that is left.

@seltaeb1956  Unfortunately the community can only provide limited support with generic solutions.  I have noticed many times the same questions being asked, with little back up information, or an answer could have been found by a simple search.

People say data doesn't work, there are many threads on how to fix but people still ask and members still reply.

I can't receive text messages or calls:  community asks when was the port done, in can take several hours. does your old sim work...  did you uses the exact name and account number...without some basic information its hard to help.  

there are many more examples... The community is here to help and when it has reached their limit the suggest to tag and message a moderator.   

Yes PM has had some issues, and underestimated the demand.  but it is definitely not a scam.

as a side note I had a friend who transferred to fido the other day and his port took 36 hours because the representative made a mistake in his account number.

s3prasad

Can you modify any of the entires you made during the porting process? Or does this have to be done by a MOD?

ajaffery

Yea, i do believe it is not a scam and it obviously isn't since my number ported over within half hour.

But, the lack of customer service support and people's phone not working does give you the right to charge back, I am not stating that they should do a class action law suit as they will not win because most of the time it is due to not providing enough information for the port but PM should also hire enough help to assist with these issues. 

No to SCAM or CLASS ACTION but enough to do a charge back and cancel the lingering port and go back to your original provider. 

Also, another issue I can see with the charge back is once they process the charge back, PM has to make sure they cancel the port because if it goes thru, you could potentially lose your number and your old account with your original provider.

jswu333

I know I gave all the correct information.  BUT, let's say some of us gave the wrong information.  Please tell me you don't think a company should get back to their customer within 48hrs after the customer has contacted them with the problem/question?  I am not demanding to have the problem fixed in 48hrs but at least to be contacted that they are going to fix my problem!

@jswu333 wrote:

LOL!

I respect some people are trying to help here with good intention + being rewarded, but porting is a technical issue that only the mods can fix.  This isn't my first thread I open.  I didn't get any help from my last few threats, why would I get any from this one.

Porting isn't always a technical issues.  There have been issue of incorrect IMEI # acct, numbers or other user "typo's"

We do all prepay your service hasn't started I understand that when (if they get eth chance before a charge back) your plan renewal date with match that of 90 days from when your service is provided

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

For everyone that is claiming this is a scam or a class action lawsuit do as you wish, but I would want to make sure that my issue was their fault with their system.  I don't know if other providers servers get overloaded with all the porting requests that could have caused issue as well or if there was user input error that also made the process hang up.  But those are things you need to be sure of before claiming a scam or anything like that.  There are 1000's that are happy with the service.  I do understand that some of the issues are on the PM side but I bet you that not all of them are.

jswu333

LOL!

I respect some people are trying to help here with good intention + being rewarded, but porting is a technical issue that only the mods can fix.  This isn't my first thread I open.  I didn't get any help from my last few threats, why would I get any from this one.

ajaffery

It is actually very different @CaNuCk07 ... her service has not even started, this is more like signing up for your internet service and not receiving the service from the first day or they dont come to install your service but still charge you for the service and no customer service or support to fix the issue, that definitely qualifies for a charge back.  

It is like booking a hotel room and getting there and they dont have a room for you and you've been waiting in the lobby for 5 days waiting for a room rather than getting a room and the room service is not available, two different issues.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If a charge back is the way you want to go, then that is the route you should go.  

I can understand your frustration, many others have been in similar situations, but many have also been resolved.   

I think the biggest issue currently is the lack of a proper ticketing system.  If someone send multiple messages to multiple mods repeatedly the mods will be inundated with duplicate messages and they need to read each one to make sure they don't miss anything. now if messages go to 3 mods each mod will be looking at your issue when they finish with he other duplicate messages.

I have found when corresponding with Mods to be informative in your title.  from "no service" to  "Failed port since date... "  and provide as much information as possible in your message so there is no need for  unneeded back and forth.

I h

seltaeb1956

There are hundreds of us in the same situation, what really upsets me is when someone says did you do this or that?......READ the board people, every item in the discussion area is about this problem, and nobody is getting a simple answer, should be a class action lawsuit. File a complaint with CRTC, thats all that is left.

s3prasad

@CaNuCk07

Thank you! That's reassuring! Smiley Happy

@s3prasad  Hang in there, i know its frustrating but the dollar savings in the end are worth it, plus the coverage and network are awesome.

Also when you message the mods, make sure to include hte relevant info they require from teh post below.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Artiss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jswu333 sounds like you've decided to leave, and resolve your own issue. Good luck with whoever provides you your future cell service. Was hoping to offer some help, but nonetheless you've got your mind made up.

s3prasad

I'm going through the same issue and it is very frustrating. I've emailed MODS and Customer Service several times to no avail. 

@jswu333  awesome then your problem is solved!

jswu333

Spoke to my credit card.  Refund shouldn't be a problem!

@ajaffery  Privacy policy relates to public mobile refund policy, nothing to do with chargebacks.

As for chargebacks, its uncumbent on the cardholder to show service was not provided by the "charge in question".  I didnt say it had be fraud, i was relating to the posters original message.  As for proving service was not provided, how is it any different than when  your internet goes down for some time, or you cable isnt working, do you issue a charge back from your credit card each time that happens?  its not a very different scenario.  Technical issues causing problems.

jswu333

How is it not a scam.  You charge someone for a service that you cannot provide.  Active the service/porting on the 16th.  During activation it shows error.  Like many others here, outgoing calls work but incoming call & text don't.  I send emails to get support from "Get Help" and sent private message to mods but 0 response.  To some, phone line is part of their business.  I have been reading, monitoring the forum and trying to get help everyday.  I just can't be bother anymore.

ajaffery

Actually, she can do a charge back easily stating the service was not provided for what she paid for, she doesn't have to state that it is a fraud, all she has to do is show that her phone number was not ported and can do a charge back on the credit card and it will be up to Public Mobile to show that they provided the service to her for what she was charged, which may speed up her porting to avoid any disputes or they will confirm the port was incomplete and she will get her money back.  Doesn't matter what the privacy policy states.

swz5005

Sorry to hear that, but I just helped a friend to port over from Fido and it took literally 2 minutes and she is happy with her service. 

Can you tell us what your issue is? 

No Service meaning no call/data/text? or just no call or no data?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@jswu333  your frustration is understood, but complaining like this wont make a difference.  PM won't be offering refunds its in their privacy policy.  As for calling your credit card company, this is not fraud or a scam as thousands upon thousands of people are memebers of Public Mobile with proper service.

jswu333

As stated earlier, I did send private messages to the mods; open threats about my problems tagging the mods, and sending support emails.  No answer!

Artiss

Sorry to hear you are having such issues. Does your Fido card work? Where exactly did problems start? 

davidjames4

My port from Fido went well. 

Why don't you call PM up instead of sending emails.

Also it is probably an issue with Fido not porting your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.