cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP.

Nileblanc97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hate how you can not talk to anybody. I’ve been trying to cancel my plan for 2 weeks straight. I can’t even log into my account when I click”my account” and the email that is 1000% the one used for this says can’t verify email. When I call it says I need a 4 digit number. I JUST WANNA CANCEL THIS PLAN. I am paying for it for no reason and is screwing me over.  If I just cancel on my credit card, will it effect my credit ? Or will my account just be suspended and deactivate (as it would if you went into your account and took off auto pay) 

I just don’t wanna do it and then  get bad credit score. So frustrated PLEASE help.

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Nileblanc97 wrote:

I just don’t wanna do it and then  get bad credit score. So frustrated PLEASE help.

@Nileblanc97 

PM is a prepaid service provider.  It is on month-to-month basis.  If your don't pay, your mobile service will stop after the last day of your current cycle. 

You are not owning PM any money.  Therefore, PM has not basis to report you to credit bureau. 

If you want, you can report to CC issuer that you cannot find your card and ask them to cancel your card and re-issue a new one.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Nileblanc97 

I think the OP is saying that he has Autopay set up to a credit card but for whatever reason cant get logged into his Self Serve Account to disable the autopay and allow the account to suspend and then eventually be completely deactivated. The reference to cancelling the credit are is the round about way to make the PM plan fail to renew but that is where the worry of a bad credit rating is coming from. Chances are pretty good that some other payment will get messed up going that route. 

Just contact the moderators if you cant get logged in. Unless maybe you were able to do it by calling 611.

AE_Collector

@Nileblanc97 to elaborate one @Anonymous post.

If it's an android phone and the same phone that you signed up with.

Open text message app

Click 3 dots on right side

Select settings

Select advanced settings

Select sim card messages

The pin might be there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nileblanc97 

The PIN is yours. You might find it in your old original texts from 611. Or on your SIM messages itself (not physically).

You need it to toggle off autopay using the 611 service - as you found.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nileblanc97 call 611 and remove auto-pay. public mobile is prepaid, it will not affect your credit score

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Nileblanc97 wrote:

I hate how you can not talk to anybody. I’ve been trying to cancel my plan for 2 weeks straight. I can’t even log into my account when I click”my account” and the email that is 1000% the one used for this says can’t verify email. When I call it says I need a 4 digit number. I JUST WANNA CANCEL THIS PLAN. I am paying for it for no reason and is screwing me over.  If I just cancel on my credit card, will it effect my credit ? Or will my account just be suspended and deactivate (as it would if you went into your account and took off auto pay) 

Once your latest renewal expires, you have 90 days to renew again. If you don't the account and number will just go away...you'd need a new sim to start a new account with PM.

If you're done with PM, just let it expire. You can send a message to moderator to remove your credit card info.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Nileblanc97 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.