cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge by "OPOS Public Mobile"(POS Purchase) on Bank Statement

vasanthyc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I believe I am being overcharged. Please help.

The details follow:

Public Mobile Invoice/Charge (from Transaction History on publicmobile.com):
  $10 - 30-day plan, talk
+$15 -1GB at 3G Speed (should be a basic text add-on, is something wrong here?)

$25 - charge per month
- $  7 Total rewards
  $18 - adjusted payment pre-tax (per month)

With tax:
$20.34 @13% GST  (without additional credits)

Bank statement (OPOS PUBLIC MOBILE 85547):
September 6 2019:
$28.25

Bank statement charge/withdrawl does not equal billing. May you pleaese help fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

@Tentmaker wrote:

Hello vasanthyc,

This looks like Public Mobile has overcharged you.

Also, it looks like, though you initially subscribed to a text add-on. But, Public Mobile gave you a free data-plan on a promotion, which upgraded your texting add-on. But, this does not mean Public Mobile should charge you extra since it is free, and, if you did not agree to it, they should not charge you at all in the future. However, this does not explain the overcharge.

Public Mobile should be able to credit you for the overcharge upon verification. A PM representitive on the community forum will be able to resolve this problem for you.

Hope this helps.

@Tentmaker 

Please make sure that your information is accurate before posting.

-  PublicMobile does not offer text add-ons

- the posted amounts do not indicate any "free data" - this is how the $25 plan with unlimited CW talk and text plus 500+500MB of data shows up in my payment history.

- if there is indeed an error in payment, the "refund" will likely just be credited to the account as available funds after the moderators have checked and verified it.

@vasanthyc  Have you just opened your account or is this a renewal?

Could you please post an actual screen shot of your payment history - with your personal information blanked out, of course.

edit: way to slow on the phone - sorry for the echo, everybody!

That's how they bill data plans.  Most likely the system didn't take in consideration the rewards so the moderator_team will probably credit your account for the 7$ so next month it should be 25$ minus 14$ so 11$ plus tax

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@vasanthyc wrote:

Hello. I believe I am being overcharged. Please help.

The details follow:

Public Mobile Invoice/Charge (from Transaction History on publicmobile.com):
  $10 - 30-day plan, talk
+$15 -1GB at 3G Speed (should be a basic text add-on, is something wrong here?)

$25 - charge per month
- $  7 Total rewards
  $18 - adjusted payment pre-tax (per month)

With tax:
$20.34 @13% GST  (without additional credits)

Bank statement (OPOS PUBLIC MOBILE 85547):
September 6 2019:
$28.25

Bank statement charge/withdrawl does not equal billing. May you pleaese help fix this?

What plan do you have?  Can you post a screenshot of your payment page with your personal info removed?  There is no text addon so this must be part of the bundle packaging.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is your balance? Did you change something recently? It's possible that they charged the card before loading your rewards, but in that case you should have 7 available credit that will be used next time

Edit: Are you on 25 plan? I was not aware of text Add-Ons, did you build plan yourself?

Tentmaker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello vasanthyc, (EDIT)

This looks like Public Mobile has overcharged you. Also, it looks like, you wanted talk and text for $25.

But, in Public Mobile's eyes, it translates into two add-ons, though you may have only wanted talk and text, and hence, want to pay for only a:

1) talk add-on
2) text add-on

That said, my guess is that Public Mobile either:

1) Gave you texting, but it was normally embeded in your talk or data add-on/features/subscriptions (that you normally subscribe to).
2) Gave you texting as a seperate add-on at first, but then upgraded it to a free data-plan add-on on a promotion, which may have been temporary and at no extra charge, but includes texting, (but not part of your normal subscription).

But, this does not mean Public Mobile should charge you extra in the case there was a free-data plan provided. If there is a promotion that is free of cost, and, if you did not agree to it, they should not charge you at all in the future. However, even if there was a free-promotion, this does not explain the overcharge.

If Public Mobile cannot explain why their is a overcharge without your consent for a service whose charge is equal to that overcharge, then I am sure they will correct your overcharge problem for you.

Thus, Public Mobile should be able to credit you for the overcharge upon verification of the exact details of the transaction discrepencies. A PM representitive on the community forum may clarify this for you. And, in the meanwhile, getting a ticket, as another has said, should be able to help resolve this problem for you.

Hope this helps you understand the situation! 🙂

(Disclaimer: Not a Public Mobile Representative.)

GR
Mayor / Maire

@vasanthyc  You are right, it looks like they charged you the 25$ full amount plus tax. Click here to message the moderator_team and start a ticket and they'll get you fixed up!  Keep in mind the moderators usually take up to 48 hours to reply back! https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.