cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over payment

pdhass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This company has no ethics. They keep charging for discontinued service.

12 REPLIES 12

@SaraConstantin   did you check your credit card to confirm if both are valid charge? or maybe one of them is only a pending charge?

Also, if you login to My Account, do you see any amount in Available Fund?  If you paid extra, chances are it will stay there and will be used towards next renewal.  

check and let us know 

SaraConstantin

I pay my bill of $28 and they charged me twice

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Good lesson learned going forward at least

@pdhass wrote:

I have been communicating with Silvio_M, CS_Agent, and he is basically telling me to take a hike. This is unacceptable. I moved to the US in September 2021 and changed the sim and number on my iPhone. But since then every month, Public Mobile has been withdrawing money. This is so unethical.

That's kinda funny, @pdhass 

Take a moment and think about what you're doing and writing.  You "moved" to the US and you likely acquired a new SIM card there.   So far, makes sense.

What did you think was going to happen to the old SIM card that is still active with Public Mobile?   Did you think that somehow (magically) PM would know it was no longer needed just because you removed it from your device and inserted a new SIM card in a different country?

The association of the credit card to the account/SIM would continue just because you took the SIM card out.  Did you not think that you probably should remove the credit card from the associated account so the pre-paid service would end?   There are folks who travel for extended periods of time and remove their PM SIM card while abroad to replace it with a pre-paid SIM card in the country they're visiting - their Public Mobile account doesn't just automatically cancel itself.

Help me out here, please.   What am I missing?

So you just drove away and removed the PM sim and installed a different sim from a new provider...right ?

You did not close out your PM account, You did not disabled Autopay from your PM account,You did not remove credit card from PM account...right ?

How do you figure PM is "unethical" ?? As far as PM is concerned, your account is still active...they don't know when or where you've moved to. There's a few steps you need to take to actually close out your account...but I'd be real surprised if you got a refund.

Good luck...we'll be here when you get back.

@pdhass wrote:

I have been communicating with Silvio_M, CS_Agent, and he is basically telling me to take a hike. This is unacceptable. I moved to the US in September 2021 and changed the sim and number on my iPhone. But since then every month, Public Mobile has been withdrawing money. This is so unethical.

@pdhass   If you didn't stop the service yourself by explicitly removing the payment in My Account (or disable Autopay), or by porting out the number, how can PM knows you are discontinuing the service?  It sounds like you didn't do your part.  Also, you moved away in Sep 2021 and it is now over 6 months, don't you check your credit card statement?

@pdhass wrote:

If you check the account, you can see there has been zero activity since September 2021. 

PM cannot just stop your service because of inactivity on your end.  People could have been out of the country but keep paying to keep the phone number alive.  Some people got an emergency phone and just keep it and only use it when needed.  There is no way PM can tell you have left because of your activity (or lack of)

@pdhass wrote:

If you check the account, you can see there has been zero activity since September 2021. 

We are all customers and members like you here @pdhass, we cannot see your account.

If you have been dealing with Silvio_M, then respond back to that message. OR, submit another one and perhaps you can get the assistance you need with another agent.

If you have no other accounts being paid with this credit card, you may consider issuing a chargeback with your card holder perhaps.

pdhass

pdhass

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pdhass  -  what do you mean by discontinued?

Do you have any credit card still attached to a current account?

Your account only closes if you have been in suspended/nonpay status for over 90 days, or you ported out your Public Mobile phone number to another provider.

Can you still log into your self serve account? If so, go in there and remove the credit card information. After 90 days of no payment, your account will be closed.

If you cannot log into your account, Private message CSA to submit a ticket to have them remove any payment method that may be set up, by clicking here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pdhass   you left PM already? ported out the number?

If you have ported out the number, please message PM Support and have them reverse the charges

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If you did not ported out the number, then check if you can login to My Account.  If you can still login, then you have to manually disable Autopay and remove the credit card

@pdhass wrote:

This company has no ethics. They keep charging for discontinued service.

If you still have access to your Self Serve account, you'll need to removed your credit card from the account.  If the account has already been closed, you'll need to contact a Public Mobile cusotmer support agent by sending a private message to CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.