cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls Issue

harshsangal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a limited 100 min Canada wide talk plan with other default services. Though I do not make many outgoing calls but all allowed 100 mins have been used. After checking my usage history, I came to know by default an outgoing call is going to 6475804001 which seems to be some voice call number. I would like to stop this and why is it being charged as outgoing call?

12 REPLIES 12

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harshsangal Seems you are in the old $15 plan. The new $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls and 100 minutes outgoing call. You can change your plan soon and get the benefits of unlimited incoming calls in your next payment cycle. Don't activate the plan today as they will charge you again. 

Your voice mail: There is no way to delete your old voice messages in the system. So it would be better to inactivate the voice message function. I did that for mine. If you need to call, you have to buy the $5 for 500 minutes plan in the meantime. 

Hope that helps!

@harshsangal 

Also if you don't want to receive any voicemail you can specify if your forwarding options to forward to a random USA number, after missed/declined/unavailable call the forward will fail and call will disconnect, the caller will only hear a click.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@harshsangal 

I have a great way to preserve your calling minutes when you know the call will be long or you may have to wait.

Install fongo get a free account with free calling and free forwarding.

When you have to make such a call, you use fongo to call your own number which is incoming hence unlimited, then you transfer your fongo call to desired destination, that moment fongo disconnects. It uses less than 0.1 megs and you have 250 megs if you don't have access to WiFi.

As a bonus you can also specify in your forwarding to forward to your fongo number instead of public mobile voicemail. Set your fongo to ring only once. You will receive all your voicemails at fongo and can also have fongo forward a copy to your email. You can either call in using fongo or you can get them in app kinda like visual voicemail. If there is one you'd like to keep, email is great

harshsangal

Thanks. Seems to be nice idea.

@harshsangal if you want to disable voicemail follow these instructions

credits to srlawren 

dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

harshsangal

Thanks. I don't really use voice mail so would like to disable it.

@harshsangal wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I don't really retrieve any voice messages but still it is counted as outgoing calls. How can I disable this?

The usage details record this as an ougoing call when sonmeone gets forwarded to your voicemail, but it doesn't count as outgoing minutes used.

harshsangal

Thanks for the responses. I don't really retrieve any voice messages but still it is counted as outgoing calls. How can I disable this?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@harshsangal , as already mentioned, 6475804001 is the voicemail number for the GTA.  It is mentioned in the plan offer details that calling voicemail will consume minutes.  It is a great idea to have a $5/500 minute add-on as a fall back.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@harshsangal wrote:

Hi,

I have a limited 100 min Canada wide talk plan with other default services. Though I do not make many outgoing calls but all allowed 100 mins have been used. After checking my usage history, I came to know by default an outgoing call is going to 6475804001 which seems to be some voice call number. I would like to stop this and why is it being charged as outgoing call?

@harshsangal   That is PM's voicemail number and you don't get mins deducted unless you retrieve messages from voicemail.  You are simply being notified that there is a message being left.

It's a good idea to buy the $5/500 mins add-on to supplement your 100 outgoing mins.  These mins can be utilized when you've depleted plan mins and any mins left will keep rolling over every cycle until depleted.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@harshsangal wrote:

Hi,

Yes, the xxx-xxx-4001 number is the voicemail number.  But the minutes used by your caller to leave a message on your voicemail will not counted as your outgoing minutes.

But if you use your phone to get your voicemail will count toward your 100 outgoing minutes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@harshsangal if you check your voicemail. The xxx xxx 4001 number it counts towards your minutes. Instead either use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined or add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Need Help? Let's chat.