cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection

bernamyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cant connect to the network to use my data when i am outside the WiFi area. I have shut off my cell and taken out the SIM CARD. Still not working. Bills are paid. Using same phone for 1 1/2 years.  I have also tried the APN...all looks ok on that front. Still NO INTERNET CONNECTION. What else can I do??? Please HELP ME!

21 REPLIES 21

Charles8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check your APN, cannot be Telus, use Public Mobile.

From SIM to view your APN setting.

Good luck!

bernamyr

Network Reset worked. Thank You!

@bernamyr are any of your other services working, calls/texts?

bernamyr

I have DATA left. Used 161.779 MB and 862.221 MB left. Thank You!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bernamyr wrote:

I tried turning phone off totally. Then tried turning phone off and taking out SIM CARD. Waited about 5 min to put SIM card back into phone. Turned it on but still NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

1.  It is time to test your PM SIM card on another phone from friend or family to determine the problem is your phone or PM issue.

2.  Configure your phone to auto switching between 3G and LTE 4G signals.  Location without 4G, your phone will switch to #G and vice versa.

@bernamyr  here's how to check if your data is enabled. 

Samsung Galaxy J3 V / J3 (2016) - Turn Data On / Off
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Data usage. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on or off.

If it isn't, switch it on and try sending an mms/ picture text message. If that works, your APN settings are correct and you should be able to surf the intwrmet. Stay safe. 

bernamyr

I tried turning phone off totally. Then tried turning phone off and taking out SIM CARD. Waited about 5 min to put SIM card back into phone. Turned it on but still NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

bernamyr

Where do I check to see if DATA is turned off inadvertently?

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3. 

Still showing NO CONNECTION.

No @bernamyr enable data and try sendimg an mms text message.  If you can, your APN settings are correct. Stay safe. 

@bernamyr your phone doesn't seem to have the required LTE bands. 

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j3_(2016)-7760.php . In areas with only 4g, you will not be able to connect to the internet. You will still be able to send and receive mms messages.  Have you ever gotten an alert on that phone? Thanks.

bernamyr

Some things are the same but some are different.  Should I change the different things to look like what you sent me?

@bernamyr reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Samsung Galaxy J3 V / J3 (2016) - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.

Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing and reinstalling your sim card. Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone try swapping the sim.

bernamyr

Samsung Galaxy J3 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bernamyr check to see if you have inadvertantly turned data off. Enable it and try sending an mms message.  If it works, your APN settings are correct.  If it doesn't,  try the network reset as suggested by @kselmak . Also, what's the make and model of your phone as asked by @gpixel? Do you still need help? Or is your phone working properly now.  Thanks. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bernamyr  Post a screenshot of your APN settings if you have an Android phone. If you have an iPhone reset your network settings.

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do your settings in your APN for PM look like this?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bernamyr what's the make and model of the device?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try network reset

How much data do you have left?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bernamyr hi have you checked your self serve do you have any data left?

Need Help? Let's chat.