cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oukitel K4000 Lite - Network Compatibility

michaelfaria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm considering getting an Oukitel K4000 Lite but I wanted to know first if it would be compatible with your network.

Thanks

Network Specs:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@michaelfaria you could also wait on Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals to see if anything good comes up.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

michaelfaria

@srlawren That looks like a pretty good phone. I was looking for a phone around the 150 to 200$ range anyways. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not too rushed for a new a phone at the moment so I'll keep my eye out for when they're back in stock.

srlawren

@michaelfaria that is a pretty tough price point!

The Blu Life One X2 is approx $200, which is a bit higher, but does offer excellent value for the cost:

https://www.amazon.ca/BLU-Unlocked-Smartphone-16GB-Ram-Grey-Compatible/dp/B01LZHFSBC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=U....  Unfortunately, they appear to be backordered at the moment. Not sure how quickly you need your new phone.

I'm a bit stumped thinking of other options closer to that $130 price point though, I must admit.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

michaelfaria

@srlawren Usually goes for around 110-130$ from China

srlawren

@michaelfaria how much is that phone?  Just getting an idea of the price point you're looking for.

michaelfaria

Yeah I agree, you've alll been very helpfull. This is great advice and helped me decide not to go with the Oukitel.

I just liked that it was a fairly good speced phone for a low price.

4000mAh battery helps too.

Not sure what would be a comparable alternative.

srlawren

@michaelfaria you've gotten a few great replies -- @JaK's and @WearySky's in particular.  The only thing you could use that phone for with Public Mobile would be for a data-only plan, and even then you will not get a band 7 signal in many places;  the primary LTE band for PM is band 4, which that phone is missing.  I guess if you only go to 2600MHz 4G areas (check the maps WearSky mentions) and you only want data, then you could consider it.  But I don't think the experience would be very good.

EDIT:  was there anything in particular you liked about the phone?  We could probably help suggest alternatives.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JaK Voice over LTE is only supported by a handful of phones any way, and pretty sure the Oikitel K4000 is not one of them.  And from what I understand, PM doesn't have voice over LTE on top of that (with no immediate plans to offer it).  Voice/SMS is done over 3G.

@michaelfaria The 2600 MHz LTE band doesn't have very good coverage unless you're on the Rogers network.  Even for LTE data only, you're not going to get very good coverage at all.  See this Cell Tower Map to see the towers that have 2600 MHz coverage in your area (you'll want to only look at Bell/Telus towers, obviously).  Downtown Toronto has pretty good coverage, but once you get out of downtown, coverage drops significantly (no non-Rogers 2600 MHz coverage out by me here in Oakville, for example, which is only a half hour away).

JaK

No, don't think that will work, unless you go data only, and even then not that great. I believe PM only uses LTE for data, uses 3G for talk (can anyone confirm?) Plus once you get out of LTE range you would normally go to 3G+ data, which you won't get. And not all of the LTE network is band 7. So, you might get marginal utility out of that phone, but I would find something different.

michaelfaria

Will it not work with just Band7-2600MHz?

JaK

Hi @michaelfaria;

According to willmyphonework.net (which is normally very accurate), this phone is a poor fit to PM:

temp.PNG

KENTS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is correct, my bad I read it as being 3G 850/1900. So as others have said it will not work. Rogers and subsidiaries are the only carriers running any sort of 2g network in Canada.

v6049993030
@michaelfaria, Based on what you listed that phone will not work .

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't think it will work at all, if those specs are correct 850/1900 is for 2G only and PM doesn't offer 2G network access..

michaelfaria

Okay, thank you so much!

KENTS

Based on the specs of the phone, it will work only on the 3G network which is 850/1900mhz.

However since it is missing band 4 (1700/2100mhz) it will not be able to work on the LTE network.

Need Help? Let's chat.