cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus9 5g plan no mobile network access

JustinToronto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to a 5g plan that was cheaper than my old 4g plan. However it looks like I don't have access to the mobile network/data since the switch (today). Is this a problem with the phone or the network? 

4 REPLIES 4

Mazzie

@JustinToronto I think you will find that there is a problem with the network, although I have just been speaking to a Telus technician he is saying my phone is not compatible. However, my phone is a genuine Samsung S23 Ultra, which I purchased directly from Samsung and I have travelled all over the world with this phone in the last 11 months and was able to connect to 5G everywhere except here in my 5G area in Newmarket, Ontario.  There are many people who have made posts on the community about having a 5G plan, but they are only getting 4G and they all have different phones. It's not my phone, it's the Telus network, although they don't want to admit it. I have never had a problem getting 5G with Rogers or Bell in this area with the phone I am using. I now either have to change to a 4G plan or change my provider to Rogers or Bell. Good luck trying to get it fixed.

JustinToronto

Thanks for the info. Mine is the na/global version. I've tried the reset network setting so I'll try opening a ticket with support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JustinToronto 

OnePlus 9 has different regional variants.   The North American and European one would be compatible with PM network but not the Indian or Chinese version.  Which one you got?

But keep in mind, the plan here is more about speed.  the 5G plan is in fact a 5G speed plan, it gives you access to 4G or 5G networks for upto 250Mbps.  So, you can in fact leave it with 4G/LTE network and should still get around 200Mbps.  So, even the phone is not compatible with PM 5G network, you still get very good speed on 4G network (better than when you were on 4G plan)

Add: if you are not getting any data at all, try clicking Reset All Networks and see if data start working.
Also, there seems to be some complains today about data issue after plan change, so  if data still not working, open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision your sim/account:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.