cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 11 + VoLTE update...

kristns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all, would just like to give an update on my Oneplus 11 and VoLTE. Today was the day that the unthinkable happened...Shizuku + Pixel IMS actually worked, enabling VoLTE on my OnePlus 11! I've tried this combination every few months for the past year and it was never successful, but today it was! At first I did not believe that it was working (I do not use WiFi at work and I had the VoLTE icon in my task bar) so I excitedly got up from my desk and ran outside to call my girlfriend! The phone did not drop down to 3G when I called her and stayed on 5G. Here is to hoping that this lasts for a good while and doesn't get disabled in a future update or a phone restart (I've been too scared to restart my phone, lol)!

Versions:
Oneplus 11: CPH2451_14.0.0.830(EX01)
Shizuku: 13.5.4.r1049.0e53409, installed off playstore
Pixel IMS: 1.2.8, installed off playstore

Process:
Installed both apps above, opened up Shizuku and gave Pixel IMS permission, then turned Shizuku on via ADB. Opened up Pixel IMS, went to settings, turned on the VoLTE and VoNR checkboxes and hit the Register IMS button at the bottom and then VoLTE icon popped up in task bar with the Pixel IMS app saying that IMS was registered.

5 REPLIES 5

kristns

Yes. Shizuku was only running for Pixel IMS to do its thing and I gave ran it since. If I go to the app it current says "Shizuku not running" and have not touched it or Pixel IMS since VoLTE started working. 

@kristns wrote:

@will13am, so I was curious and rebooted my phone to see if the registration would persist, and it did so at this point it seems like a one time thing but I did read that after an android update the apps need to be ran again... Still very happy at this point. 

@kristns , when you say persist, does that mean you can stop the apps or the apps auto load on reboot?  As I said, I was not able to get the IMS registration to work on the Umidigi A13 pro.  I am thinking maybe your phone has been added to the whitelist.

kristns

@will13am, so I was curious and rebooted my phone to see if the registration would persist, and it did so at this point it seems like a one time thing but I did read that after an android update the apps need to be ran again... Still very happy at this point. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kristns , great news for those who need a bypass around the VoLTE whitelist.  Do these two apps need to always be running to ensure IMS registration or is the registration a one time thing?

Edit:  I tried this on my Umidigi A13 pro.  I could not get the IMS registration to work.  Everything worked up to the point of enabling VoLTE.  The app did confirm VoLTE compatibility but IMS registration would not work.  Maybe that was the problem you have been encountering before.  In any event, this phone had VoLTE for a couple of months until it was taken away by the whitelist.  

@kristns wrote:

Hey all, would just like to give an update on my Oneplus 11 and VoLTE. Today was the day that the unthinkable happened...Shizuku + Pixel IMS actually worked, enabling VoLTE on my OnePlus 11! I've tried this combination every few months for the past year and it was never successful, but today it was! At first I did not believe that it was working (I do not use WiFi at work and I had the VoLTE icon in my task bar) so I excitedly got up from my desk and ran outside to call my girlfriend! The phone did not drop down to 3G when I called her and stayed on 5G. Here is to hoping that this lasts for a good while and doesn't get disabled in a future update or a phone restart (I've been too scared to restart my phone, lol)!

Versions:
Oneplus 11: CPH2451_14.0.0.830(EX01)
Shizuku: 13.5.4.r1049.0e53409, installed off playstore
Pixel IMS: 1.2.8, installed off playstore

Process:
Installed both apps above, opened up Shizuku and gave Pixel IMS permission, then turned Shizuku on via ADB. Opened up Pixel IMS, went to settings, turned on the VoLTE and VoNR checkboxes and hit the Register IMS button at the bottom and then VoLTE icon popped up in task bar with the Pixel IMS app saying that IMS was registered.

When it comes to Public Mobile, this isn't always a matter of updating your device's software.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile does not allow many devices to use VoLTE service even if it is compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.