cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 on Public Mobile - Do not hesitate, it's great

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi PM Community,

I just wanted to let anyone interested in a OnePlus 3 for their PM service to know that it works wonderfully.  I recieved mine about 26 hours ago and am loving it.  The North American version (the one that the Canadian and US OnePlus online store will send you) is compatible with PM/Telus's 3G HSPA, HSPA+, and 4G LTE network frequencies and bands.  Please enjoy.

For anyone curious, here's a Canadian review from Mobile Syrup:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/06/22/oneplus-3-review-canada/

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
46 REPLIES 46

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats on the new phone.  How's the battery life so far?  

6gb ram is a beast.  More than my pc! 

@IWIK Blackberry has releases slated so not dead yet despite what the joke newspaper investors keep predicting

I'm torn on OnePlus... I admit I really like specs but +1 was good & +2 kind of a failure

+3 too new to tell but I am in love with it for now

I just wish better OS support but OnePlus so far has been indifferent

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/12/exclusive-source-reveals-cyanogen-oneplus-fall-months-ago.ht...

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Cool, if (god forbid) BlackBerry stops making hardware, One Plus might be the way I go too. Seems like good specs for the price and unlocked bootloader as well....

srlawren

@tdotyup what are you using currently?  There's not much to not love about the OP3!  Let me know if you have any questions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tdotyup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I absolutely didn't need a new phone (sorta) but I totally ordered a oneplus 3 today. 

Thanks for passing on your feedback. Now I can't wait to get it.

srlawren

Thanks @ckl.  The RAM is a bit controversial, as out of the gate there is some aggressive memory management that appearly is swapping stuff out of RAM before it really needs to, meaning the phone really isn't taking full advantage of the extra.  At first, OnePlus said it was a design choice in order to help battery life and that people would have to turn to custom ROMs (the bootloader is unlockable OOTB) or other root-based solutions to fix it if desired, but now they are saying a forthcoming OTA OEM update will fix it.  Hopefully it's at least optional (a new toggle maybe), for those of us that would continue to make that tradeoff for the battery life.

ckl

Just read the review. Good choice... 6 GB of ram! WOW. Have fun with it!

srlawren

Also, @brentwu, welcome to the Public Mobile community!  🙂

srlawren

@dhanadhan wrote:

@srlawren easy paint crop would've been much better. Or i m sure your android can do that 🙂

You are absolutely correct @NDesai and that's what I have now done. I just didn't have the time last night 🙂 

@brentwu, @kaytus, and @Jeremy_M, thank you! 

@srlawren easy paint crop would've been much better. Or i m sure your android can do that 🙂

brentwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great share, thanks bud 🙂

kaytus

NIce Phone.. 

That good to hear work well at Public Mobile.

Enjoy the new phone..

srlawren
Oops. And it doesn't look like I can edit my post from the mobile site eh? Oh well I'll try later at a PC. Thanks for letting me know, @NDesai

Nice phone. I was checking out the reviews the other day. I would get it but the nexus 5 i have is running fine atm. 

I am not sure if you forgot but you left your number in the screenshot. 

Thanks for sharing....

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Awesome share @srlawrenSmiley Happy

thanks for that.jpeg

srlawren

Forgot to mention, this is a dual nano SIM phone, which is expecially handy for those of us that use a second SIM when travelling.  I use Roam Mobility when in the US, and this means no more fumbling around swapping SIM cards around, I now just leave them both in the tray.

Screenshot_20160622-124114.png

I have SIM 2 (my RM SIM) disabled currently, but you can also have them both simultaneously active if you desire--such as if you have a separate SIM for a work line vs. your private line.  I believe it's simultaneous active phone, text, and data but can't confirm personally.

Edit: oops removed phone number from the image 🙂 

Need Help? Let's chat.