cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my 4th days, number is still not ported. No response from any private message.

allanlee00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The porting process started on saturday morning, and still the number has not been ported.

My current phone provider (virgin) has put the number as out of service, but the phone number hasn't make it to my sim card.

I've read the forum, send private messages to the mods with the following since saturday:

1) previous virgin mobile phone number, account number, pin

2) my current sim card number and current temporary phone number.

So far, I have not heard any reply on any of my messages. 

I noticed my message haven't even been read.

It's been 4 full days and counting.

Can the mods please help me?

Getting back on the phone is very critical.
I am currently organzing a christmas party with guests and vendors, and we are jumping through hoops to reach each other. 

I undestand you are very busy and overwhelm. 

I REALLY REALLY appreicate your help!!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M, @Saray_O, @Caroline_D

8 REPLIES 8

cranston
My situation is similar with you as I'm porting from Virgin. I'm still waiting for my number but my PM sim has a new number and every is working. I has been a day since the porting has started.

allanlee00

Hello @Mary_M

Thank you for your assurance and looking into it.

Hopefully this process will be completed soon.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@allanlee00 sounds like you're in good hands with Mary.  I hope she can resolve this for you quickly.

In the meantime, would you kindly consider bravo'ing my suggestion here?:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Please-utilize-an-issue-tracking-system-for....  Thank you in advance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @allanlee00

Thank you so much for your patience!

I have just sent you a private message - we have escalated it and it will be fixed within 24 to 72 hours. Your services should be fully functional with the temp # now, but I assure you that our team will fix this for you.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

allanlee00

Most of my communications are done thru emails.

However.......

Whenever someone need my attention immediately or need to have a verbal discussion over something more complicated than email can explain......They call me on my phone and they will get.......

THE NUMBER YOU ARE TRYING TO CALL IS OUT OF SERVICE.

My credibility just went to zero.

Now I don't have mobile data, so I can't see my email in a timely manner on something important.

then....my credibility just went negative.

How could I have expect this problem will take sooooo long to resolve? and create so much headache.

Sorry to be venting here, but this is reality.

If first impression is important, public mobile and telus really blew it.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My exact same issue. Wind released number and appropriately cancelled service but Public has not provisioned service.  I understand the moderators are swamped but senior management should be throwing all available resources at this problem.  It is more than a little disconcerting that the appropriate resources were not put in place at the time the promo went live.  Further, one would expect that a company whose business model is to provide  only web based customer service would have impeccable IT systems in place and clearly they do not and never did.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi allanlee00,

I've noticed a few people having this issue and while I can't resolve your issue personally, I just wanted to come in and let you know that the mods are backlogged due to the promotion. They will get to you! I just didn't want you to feel like your issue isn't important.

It seems like they're at least a couple of days behind right now. You've done everything you can on your end to get the support you need. Unfortunately, you just have to be patient a little longer.

Hang in there!

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi there, I messaged the mods Saturday afternoon, and they just got to me and helped me port and login problems.

Hopefully they will get to your message later today!
Need Help? Let's chat.