cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-line to difficult

Tudy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are finding it difficult using the on-line contact method and, at our age (76), need to speak with someone on the phone. Also, our phones are older and need replacing.

Our last bill was automatically paid March 17th, 2024. We need to replace our plan and phones now, probably tomorrow.   We've only used 9 days this month.  We had 82.9 points to use, so I applied four $15 payments towards the month of April.     

Would you be able to transfer the unused funds for March/April as well as the cash value for the points we had gathered?  It would be much appreciated if you would!  Thank-you

Don and Suzanne Wilson   

4 REPLIES 4

Lorianne16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

India green with you I just left koodo. It's way more expensive and the service is not good in all areas. I have less issues with public mobile and no dropped calls all the time. I get more data for the price of what I paid eith them like 10p percent more data. So I woukdnt advice them to go to ansecond level. It's def not second level. Telus owns both. Of they're gonna switch I'd go directly to tells and have a plan made fpr them that's affordable and they provide phones monthly. Not everyone can afford to buy the cell out right. Of they struggle  online now then they'll have more trouble trying to biy a cell and possibly  even get ripped off online with a locked phone. I use to woek at a call center and it happened alot.  I would never advice any elderly ppl to do so. They don't use mudhbdata so they can get a very good plan with  a small amount of data and a good phone that's not top of line but perfect for them.  Which is more rhan fast enough for their needs. There are still goid deals with monthly plans that won't hurt their budget  as long as they get a good rep on the phone and request a newer ro them phone at a budget they can afford. My mother uses a Samsung s20 but she used ro have a 9 and still did fine. Same with my father.  Def be careful going online anywhere especially fb or Kijiji. I will tells is the cheapest  when nit comes to monthly plans and cell phones. And public mobile is the best for internet and pay as you go. Just my opinion but it's actual facts as well. 

spitre78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can change your plan and your phone's while still keeping the same login therefore you wouldn't lose any money out points that you haven't spent as of yet. As for a newer phone, I prefer to buy mine straight from amazon.ca as there return policy is 30days for any reason of your choosing, which could very well be (I just don't want this anymore, I thought I did) Plus you can find alot of well priced refurbished phones and save yourselves $100s while getting top of the long phones.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Tudy 

I can imagine that doing everything online may be a tad confusing for some past a certain age. I'm getting there too so I fully understand. 

To let you know, you can go purchase new phones anywhere you want. Costco sells them for affordable prices. There are even cell phone stores that sell refurbished newer phones for good prices.

With regards to switching your plans, you can do that very easily through the website. I can show you a step by step guide how to do it. It even has pictures. 🙂 Then you can cash in your points for credits towards your phone bill. Then maybe once those points run out, you may wish to consider moving to the 2nd tier provider, Koodo. They are a little more user friendly. And they have a customer service phone number that can do everything for you. 

Hope this helps a little bit.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hello Tudy,

Please note this is a public forum that can be seen by anyone,  it is not private and information you sent here is not seen by Public Mobile.  We are customers like you.

Public Mobile does not have a live phone number for you to call and speak to anyone.  It's all messages.  You send them a message,  they reply back a few hours later, back and forth.

You also have to change your plans online yourself by signing into My Account.  When you sign on, you will see your current plan and all the available plans you can choose from based on your needs.

You would click on Change Subscription.  Since you recently paid a few days ago, best to select the option to Change your plan on next Renewal,  which would be around April 15 or 16. There are no refunds or credits provided when changing. 

If you new to speak with an agent from Public Mobile,  click on the link below to do so. It's an automated chatbot. Type, support, agent or representative to get through to send a message.  

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.