cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older PM phone number

onatbora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I was using another PM phone number last year and now I got a new SIM card and a phone number was given after activation. Is it possible that I transfer my inactive phone number to my current plan and use it?

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@onatbora 

If when you call the old number it is NOT IN SERVICE with someone else and, more importantly, it was originally assigned for a TELUS, Koodo, or Public Mobile service, (i.e. when you had it previously, it wasn't ported here from another company originally) then there actually is a chance a Customer Support Agent may be able to assist with retrieving that number.

If it was originally from the above providers (which are all under the TELUS group), ask the Customer Support Agents for assistance - it's worth a shot:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@onatbora wrote:

Hello, I was using another PM phone number last year and now I got a new SIM card and a phone number was given after activation. Is it possible that I transfer my inactive phone number to my current plan and use it?

I see this unlikely as the number has probably been assigned to someone else already.  If you call your old number, is it in service?  If it's in service, that means that it wouldn't be retrievable.

Need Help? Let's chat.