cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old rewards - we have $27 of credits per 90 days - how does this translate in $$ to the new points?

Elvira2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We've been with Public Mobile for so long I can't remember, and we have a $27 discount every 90 days ($9/month). How does this translate to actual discount dollars in the new public points scheme? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Godzillaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The most obvious point losses are on tenure & autopay

Old = -$2 for autopay vs new = 0 points

Tenure = -$5 per month vs new = 10 points per year

$2 x 12 = $24 + $5 x 12 = $60 so lost $84 per year & they now give you back 10 points per year (equivalent to $10)

You then get back 5% of your monthly spend (plan cost) but NOT always (I have fought with them over this already many times; if you do change your plan you normally lose your points and only a CCTS threat gets them to give you a $$$ credit to account to compensate)

The other reason Public loves reward points is many people never redeem them. Old / young / foreign non-english. The main reason why most subscribers have these plans (esp long term) is they were pay and forget

I know personal referals who have never once logged in and have no idea how to navigate the whole annoying 2FA system they recently added/upgraded

RaviRajnish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Each discount $ is equal to CAD $ and it can be used as a cash for payment to Public Mobile 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Elvira2 

What is your breakdown on rewards?  

$5/month loyalty, $2/month autopay, $2/month friend rewards?  

If so, you will lose autopay and loyalty rewards.  

Instead you will get your friend referral points 2 points/month.  5% back of plan fee (for example, $40 plan will get 2 points/month) and on each anniversary date that you joined PM, 10 points. for loyalty. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Elvira2 points is based on the actual payment you make. Assuming you have no available funds in the account, you will be paying $34x3 on each 90 days renewal ,you will earn 5.1 points. 

Once you got 15 points in the rewards account, you will go to My Account and redeem $15 credit, and they will lower the payment on the following renewal by $15

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Elvira2 - Every $1 you spend on your plan, you will get back 5% (Ex: $34/Month plan = 1.70 points)

If you are on Refer-A-friend you will get 1 point per person.

On Loyalty / Anniversary 1 year rewards, you will only get 10 points every year from that, no upgrades annually or anything.

After 15 points you can get a $15 bill credit for 15 points.

Also, check out My Account > Payments & it'll show a list of your current Legacy Rewards are.

@Elvira2 wrote:

We've been with Public Mobile for so long I can't remember, and we have a $27 discount every 90 days ($9/month). How does this translate to actual discount dollars in the new public points scheme? Thanks!

You will receive less in points than you receive now in reward dollars.  Your $27 disocunt per 90 days is equivalent to $9 over 30 days, so that means that you will lose $5 in loyalty rewards per 30 days if you're been a customer more than 5 years, and you will lose the $2 autopay reward.  Those will be replaced by only a 5% ponts back amount calculated based on your Public Mobile spending plus an additional 10 loyalty points once per year.  In the end, you'll lose most of your rewards value (if you've been a customer for a at least 5 years).

Need Help? Let's chat.