cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Plan's Data Speed

loci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I have one of those old plans from maybe 2 years ago that's like $120 for 90 days. The details it provides is very limited in the account page:

• This 3 month plan includes: -
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Is this the same as the current promotion on 3G speed or am I currently on LTE? The phone indicates LTE but I never run any speed test before. I am thinking of switching over as the plan is better than my current one. Only thing not sure if the speed of the data.

Thanks for all the help!

4 REPLIES 4

boopvanner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_2018-12-20-05-57-38-1.png

Publics speed this morning

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If anyone is curious how to check if their plan is full speed or "3G" speed:  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@loci wrote:

Hi all,

I have one of those old plans from maybe 2 years ago that's like $120 for 90 days. The details it provides is very limited in the account page:

• This 3 month plan includes: -
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Is this the same as the current promotion on 3G speed or am I currently on LTE? The phone indicates LTE but I never run any speed test before. I am thinking of switching over as the plan is better than my current one. Only thing not sure if the speed of the data.

Thanks for all the help!

Just to add to what @will13am, provided I did get to try the 3G or "LTE Lite" for a month and wasn't able to notice any difference really on day to day use.  I am sure if you are gaming or trying to stream HD movies there maybe some difference but for the most part this plan works for a majority of the users

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@loci, the old plan you have is full speed LTE.  Two years ago, there was no such thing as 3G speed data.  This is a fairly new thing.  While the data speed is so called 3G, the service still runs on the LTE network but with the speed throttled.  Many customers refer to it as LTE lite.  The speed is throttled at 3 mbits/s up and down. 

This is a fairly recent 3G plan test thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/3G-vs-LTE/m-p/248442

Need Help? Let's chat.