cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old PM User profile still linked to email address. Can't activate a new plan. Oh no! Error msg

diana_a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Left PM over 1.5 years ago, old profile is empty but attached to the same email address. Can't start a new plan. Keep getting "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong" msg. Bought SIM for 5GB add-on promo but couldn't add a plan.  Tried to update profile but rec'd msg "There was an error processing your request. Please make sure you have entered a valid Alternate Phone Number". Tried various numbers, nothing works.  Tried "change plan" and received "Oh no!" msg. Tried to make a payment, All fields are blank and no dropdown choices for payment method.  Stuck. Can't move. Help.

9 REPLIES 9

It’s very unfortunate, but Public Mobile uses the email address as a primary key in their database.  In database lingo, the primary key means the value is unique, and can never be removed, for fear of destroying records.  Why they would do this is first of all lazy, and secondly, very bad programming to use a value that you’re asking the user to provide, and can not reuse when they may wish to have multiple accounts.

I’ve, mangaged once to signup with the same email address, but I used a different email address to create my account (I had a previous one which was in the same status as yours).

Once my service was up and running fully, I changed my new email address in my account, to my previous desired email.

Doing this, I think has stopped all emails from Public Mobile coming to me, so I suggest just creating a new totally different address.  The password recovery does not work for me, and the system doesn’t even send emails to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CellGirl wrote:

@diana_a 

Hi. Try it in your browser's incognito mode. Or try from a different computer..

That would not work for this type of situations. E-mail addresses cannot be reused at Public Mobile. 

Is that like ever ever in stone? They can't scrub an old inactive email address at all. Ever. ?

Edit: or even alter it by one character?

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CellGirl wrote:

@diana_a 

That would not work for this type of situations. E-mail addresses cannot be reused at Public Mobile. 

@computergeek541 

good to know - thanks 

@CellGirl wrote:

@diana_a 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diana_a wrote:

Left PM over 1.5 years ago, old profile is empty but attached to the same email address. Can't start a new plan. Keep getting "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong" msg. Bought SIM for 5GB add-on promo but couldn't add a plan.  Tried to update profile but rec'd msg "There was an error processing your request. Please make sure you have entered a valid Alternate Phone Number". Tried various numbers, nothing works.  Tried "change plan" and received "Oh no!" msg. Tried to make a payment, All fields are blank and no dropdown choices for payment method.  Stuck. Can't move. Help.

Did you buy the SIM online on June 1?

Did you attempt to activate on/before the 16th?

Did you use the same email address for activating as you did for purchasing?

If you've been trying since the weekend then I guess all you can do is contact the @Moderator_Team (< Click this) to straighten things out.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@diana_a wrote:

@diana_a  Unfortunately even though your old profile is not available you cannot use the same email when activating a new sim. You have two choices at this point. The first being to activate using a different email then contact the moderator and ask them to change your email. Or contact the moderator and ask them to help you with the activation because you want to use the same email. Don't forget to include the new sim number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@diana_a 

@diana_a wrote:

Unless you get the moderators to clear this for you, there is no way to ever use that email address again at Public Mobile to activate an account.  As per @GinYVR's suggestions, I believe it just easier to use a different e-mail address.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@diana_aJust use another email? Since all the rewards etc wil be gone by now.

Need Help? Let's chat.