cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Plan-Change Guide

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey Mods...

I can't find a document, help guide etc - that outlines the steps to do in the case of wanting to make a mid-cycle plan-change.

I'd love to see a document that outlines it like:

• latest day to change plans before cycle starts
  • Plan changes take effect on new effective date
  • if you want to change mid-month
    • do this, this this & send this person an e-mail
    • amounts will be pro-rated, or not prorated if top-up is required.

I'd like to make a change to one of the plans I've got - and think it should just be paying the difference between the currently paid amount, and what the new amount would be - but can't find a clear answer.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

nice work!

timmmmeh

This answers my question(s).

Thanks!

@Luddite, you beat me again!

Grrr......  lol!

At the bottom of every Public Mobile webpage, there's a link for Service Terms under Privacy and Legal.

@timmmmeh wrote:

Thanks @ShawnC13 and @wetcoaster - I'll wait until closer to bill cycle date - or future-date.

Is there a spot where I can read up on that? Official Terms & Conditions?

Here it is: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/privacy-legal?section=serviceTerms link from bottom of this page.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

not sure if this is what you are looking for:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-our-Plans-and-Add-ons/ta-p/2...

It was recently updated (long overdue) to show PM's current plans and pricing.. great work @Simon_O (saw taht you were last one working on it)

timmmmeh

Thanks @ShawnC13 and @wetcoaster - I'll wait until closer to bill cycle date - or future-date.

Is there a spot where I can read up on that? Official Terms & Conditions?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@timmmmeh, sorry they will not pro-rate your plan.  Being only a couple days old you could message them and see but usually a change in plan that activates immediatley will forfiet your current plan and any remaining data, days and $ value will be lost once the new plan activates.  You can always login to self serve and choose change plan and you can future date your plan change to your next renewal cycle.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@timmmmeh wrote:

Hey Mods...

I can't find a document, help guide etc - that outlines the steps to do in the case of wanting to make a mid-cycle plan-change.

I'd love to see a document that outlines it like:

• latest day to change plans before cycle starts
  • Plan changes take effect on new effective date
  • if you want to change mid-month
    • do this, this this & send this person an e-mail
    • amounts will be pro-rated, or not prorated if top-up is required.

I'd like to make a change to one of the plans I've got - and think it should just be paying the difference between the currently paid amount, and what the new amount would be - but can't find a clear answer.

Thanks!

@timmmmeh

It's a prepaid service - you pay for 30 or 90 days and in turn Public Mobile promises to deliver the agreed upon service for that period of time. If you make a change effective mid cycle you are changing that agreement and have to pay the full amount, forfeiting any remaining services on the previous plan.

That's the way it works and I'm sure the Telus lawyers have made sure that that practice is legally watertight.

Any time the mod team makes an exeption in favour of the customer it has to be considered as that: an exeptional good will gesture.

Having said that, if you have just signed up / renewed and have not used data, moderators have been able to help in adjusting plans. Worth sending them a private message and asking politely if there is anything they can do. If you are going for a higher priced plan make sure that you have the difference in funds in available funds.

Please be aware that they have a higher than usual work load right now. Working on a first come, first serve basis, they will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, PIN detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Edit to add that you can also schedule a future dated plan change - the change then takes effect on your next renewal date without any loss of funds / remaining services.

Need Help? Let's chat.