cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observation about PM Community page

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just been observing the no. of people online on PM community at any given time.

Usually, it's quite busy during evenings/nights, I guess since people have more spare time to surf.

But the most interesting thing I have observed is that around 10-15 registered members are online and more than 250-300 non-registered (guests) are online. I think that's a lot given how low-key PM remains.

This shows how much buzz PM has been creating just by the word of mouth/social media.

I surely think this is a good sign and shows more people are interested in PM.

If anyone can share what were these numbers couple of months ago then it would be great to compare.

Happy Thanksgiving to all PM members and moderators !

8 REPLIES 8

Walster1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It will definitely be worth more money to get service. Good-bye PM.

neo911

@stonechucker Nice try :o).

but I guess you would be required to work from the head office in order to offer support

Hey, if PublicMobile could let me work from home, I'd be happy to cover the evenings or 9pm eastern :-). Hint hint 😉

neo911

@srlawren

Very relevant point. PM should have some moderator support during evenings/weekends when the majority of the users log on.

Never realized due to different time zone, the west coast would be deprived of customer service.

PM should seriously think of having a moderator for an extended time period or increase the strength. Maybe they have something planned due to increased popularity of PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@neo911 I rarely ever think to look at who's oneline.  It's an interesting observation you've made, and it does make sense that the community is busier in the evenings and weekends typically. Unfortunately, those are also usually the times when the moderator coverage is either non-existent (evenings) or less covered (weekends).  I'd love to see some further-extended support hours but I don't know how realistic that is.  It's particularly unfortunate for those of us on the west coast that experience issues in the evening requiring moderator intervention.  I know they try to get to everything as quickly as possible the following morning, but that can be an eternity if you're without service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

neo911

Haha..I always how marketing guys at Telus feel when they see their subscribers going to PM. More than marketing the sales guys who would be really annoyed over this.

Never thought bots/search crawlers could be the guests too. Well at PM everyone is welcome ! 🐵

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some of those (the unregistered users) could be search crawlers or other bots too?  Maybe alter-egos of @Christopher_T? Marketing staff from the big 3 wondering where their subscribers all went?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Definitely that new awesome plan made that happen. 

Need Help? Let's chat.