Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

dacarelse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone number did not transfer correctly from my old provider. what can i do

8 REPLIES 8

@softechand @esjliv  all good best we all cross the Ts and dot the eyes lol all in a days work of helping others best we can kudos to you both 🙂

@esjliv  my fault.. sorry @Handy1 

@softech wrote:

@dacarelse   you have the number to porting support team?  they can provide you the update and assist

I will message you the phone number., please check your Community inbox

@softech I think @Handy1 sent this to OP a few hours ago. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dacarelse   you have the number to porting support team?  they can provide you the update and assist

I will message you the phone number., please check your Community inbox

update: I guess @Handy1 sent yo ualready.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dacarelse wrote:

My phone number did not transfer correctly from my old provider. what can i do

@dacarelse - did you receive a message that someone will be contacting you? If so, it is good that you posted here, because that probably never happens.

Or, are you not receiving any services? After activations you should be able to make outgoing calls, and texts in/out.

When porting is not completed or if there are details still needed, or if you missed the SMS text to approve the port the incoming calls may not come in since they are going to the old provider's service.

Public Mobile can be contacted for porting issues directly through submitting a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) if needed; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dacarelse 

The most important step to complete the porting process is to reply to the text from the old carrier with the old SIM in the phone. There is a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be cancelled. This is to prevent illegal SIM swapping.

New members think they can activate the PM SIM and placed in the phone assuming it will work. 

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process but leave your old SIM in your phone.

Create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of the page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dacarelse  Did you just port over and miss the confirmation text ? I’ll send you port team number private message 

edit do you still have the old carriers SIM card also 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @dacarelse 

open ticket with CSA here: Chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.