cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Mssssss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried the number transfer from TELUS yesterday. Seems like it’s couldn’t completed. My text doesn’t go through. Hopefully I could keep my previous phone number. Where am I gonna call to someone fix this problem..

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mssssss wrote:

I tried the number transfer from TELUS yesterday. Seems like it’s couldn’t completed. My text doesn’t go through. Hopefully I could keep my previous phone number. Where am I gonna call to someone fix this problem..

@Mssssss are you all up and running?

Some trouble shooting to try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mssssss 

I hope you didn’t put the PM SIM in the phone waiting the text from Telus.

You need to leave the Telus SIM on in the phone as noted by others then wait for text…you have 90 minutes to reply.

If you missed this window then you need to contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human.

greg1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Word of advice.  When you are transferring you phone number make sure you answer your previous provider as soon as possible with a "yes".  My message indicated to answer with a "yes" within 90 minutes.  I've answered after 77 minutes and the phone number transfer didn't go through. I had to try again to make it happen.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mssssss  part of the porting is for you to receive a SMS from Telus and you reply Yes to it.  You will have to have your Telus SIM still on a phone to receive it.

Have you reply Yes to it yet?  If not, you can call a number to re-trigger the process (i can private message you the number)

If you did reply Yes, please try reboot your phone with the PM SIM card inside.

Need Help? Let's chat.