cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Zuochen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does it usually take to transfer a phone number from another provider to your new Public Mobile account? 

8 REPLIES 8

@canadaa  I assume you had encountered errors when trying to switch to public mobile? Were you able to get it fixed? All good now?

canadaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Zuochen , 

please dont join the public mobile its a worst services provider in Canada there is no after service available after you get new number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Zuochen 

It will take a couple of hours but meanwhile keep your old SIM in your phone until it stops working then power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM.

Correct!

So @Zuochen once you switch the SIM card to pm, text someone and ask them to call you back. If the call goes to voicemail, something went wrong and you would need to engage customer service via the chatbot for further assistance. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

usually fast, you can have the whole thing done within an hour

you got the port authorization text from the old service provider yet?  if you received and replied, usually within an hour after

but if you put the PM sim in the phone and show no service or cannot make calls, that is not porting problem but account setup problem.  So, can your PM sim card connect?

@Sansan   If calls works it's completed.

The critical thing is incoming calls, even if a port doesn't compete the outgoing calls can still work.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Once you reply to the text confirming the transfer it should be done within 30 but up to 4 hours of that. 

You can switch the Sim cards and make calls  and text to see if the public mobile is ready. If calls works it's completed.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Zuochen   In my case less than an hour, but I had already set up my PM account with a new PM number to make sure everything was working before I ported.  Once you have replied YES to the old provider's text message authorizing the port within 90 minutes it can take up to 5 hours after which it's best to contact customer service.  That assumes cell phone to cell phone rather than porting in a landline number which can take a few days.

Need Help? Let's chat.