cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting issue, 6 days since I messaged the mods, still no response

curiouscorvid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port phone numbers for my wife and I from Fido last week. We can complete outgoing calls/SMS and use data, but can't receive incoming calls/SMS. Thankfully our Fido SIMs still work so we've been using those, but we are currently paying for two unusable Public Mobile accounts.

I've tried messaging the mods, as well as Twitter and Facebook, but I'm not getting any responses. Figured I'd try a public post as well, for more visibility.

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rockdaddy22
Maybe Boxing Day, just keep using your old sim. They adjust your start date or give you credit for unused time once they fix it.

Wayne
I have the same problem, no incoming calls and texts. My problem is already 12 days old and I have no response what so ever from private messages to mods.

Here I am paying two phone bills and getting so frustrated with the PM silence I kinda given up on getting help. I just have my old simcard in the phone. Maybe if I get lucky I get a response before the new year...but who knows.

Rockdaddy22
Perfect:)

curiouscorvid

Yeah, they did give us credit for the unused time.

curiouscorvid

In our case it wasn't a big deal, as we had planned to switch our numbers eventually anyway, on account of a recent move to a new city. Just ended up having to switch them a little earlier than planned. Thanks for your concern though Smiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
Your Fido sims were working but you couldn't wait a few more days? PM would have credited your accounts for the unused time.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry you lost your numbers, that sucks. I'm really sorry marry couldn't help sooner 😞

curiouscorvid

Thanks for looking into this. I got tired of waiting for the port, so I assigned new phone numbers for both my wife and I (on our PM accounts), and cancelled our Fido accounts, giving up our old phone numbers. This message thread covers the process. After doing that, we now have full service. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @curiouscorvid,

I have already responded to your message, can you please view it?  Your Fido account is not active; in order for a port to complete, the old service provider must be active. 

Please view your inbox,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

curiouscorvid

Thanks for your responses. I'm trying to be patient (the mods have a huge backlog to go through), but wanted to make a forum post as well, just in case my PM has been overlooked Smiley Happy

aruschpler
I just had mine fixed today and I sent my first message a week ago. They will get to it.

BrennenPerry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The mods are quite busy with fixing all the issues some are having. I'm sure they'll get to you very soon 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.