cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number change

Malarky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone service stopped working after I did a number change. 

15 REPLIES 15

ws2

Restarting might fix this.

If not, consider removing the sim and then putting it back in again. 

@Malarky wrote:
  • Last night I changed it on self serve. I did not port from another provider. Tried the sim card still not working. Didn't even ring at all when I try to call just sounds like when you drop a call. 

@Malarky 

Was the previous number working, will all services, without issues?

And, was that previous number a ported number or new number when you activated?

You may need to ask a Moderator to look into this phone number change.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Malarky
  • Last night I changed it on self serve. I did not port from another provider. Tried the sim card still not working. Didn't even ring at all when I try to call just sounds like when you drop a call. 

@Malarky  when did you make the number change? today?   you were making the number change by picking a new number on Self-Serve?

If you call both your old and new number, what happen?  they go to voicemail? 

Number porting doesn't mean outgoing doesn't work. No calls are working for @Malarky.

@cellphoneuser1 , yes, that I realize, thanks.

Still helpful to know. Although either way should be seamless.

Porting may have extra layer of details that may have hiccuped...for example, was the account number provided correct (matching the phone number that is being ported in), was the previous provider account still active, etc. etc?

@esjliv wrote:

@Malarky wrote:

@Malarky 

Did you port in a number from another provider OR choose a new number?

Try:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Number porting doesn't mean outgoing doesn't work. No calls are working for @Malarky.

Malarky

Haven't tried this yet. Let you know if it works.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Malarky 

By number change, do you also mean that you ported/transferred your number?  If so, does your old SIM/service still work?  You usually need to confirm/authortize the port from the old SIM/service before it will be "fully" transferred to Public Mobile.  Porting your number actually takes several steps... some things work faster than others.

Let us know where along the process you are and we'll guide you in the right direction!  🙂

Malarky

Also tried rebooting of course. Didn't work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Malarky wrote:

@Malarky 

Did you port in a number from another provider OR choose a new number?

Try:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Malarky

Yes it says active. Shows my new number on my self serve. But on my one settings its still my old number and incoming and outgoing are both not working.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Or @Malarky 

Try rebooting your phone...😉

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Malarky both outgoing and incoming calls not working?

When did you make the number change?  today?  did you try reboot your phone ?

If you logon Self-Serve, is it showing Active?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Malarky 

Try rebooting your phone if you have not tried yet.

Is your account status active? Does your new number show up in your self service account?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Malarky

Try rebooting your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.