cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not very happy with public mobile right now...

mjn1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dunno why...i paid my bills, confirmed phone worked.

I was locked out of my emails because public mobile decided to not let texts through, and like anyne else would do, they requested it to be sent again. In consequence, my email service get locked, making me wait 24 hours to maybe/ maybe not get my account back. i currently am unable to see crucial information needed for my job. Not cool at all. and there is no customer service to truly talk to? i truly....truly resent companies who have "state of the art" bots who only read you out a list of stuff you already did! 

i will be making a formal complaint.

i dont care if i sound like a "boomer" this is not acceptable. this can/ IS  costing me money. once again. i have had confirmation by myself and a friend in the us. my calling works, but text seemed to not work at all. what an absolute let down. i wouldn't be so upset if i heard their service was down. it happens yeah? but then why would the calling part work? not the text... suddenly...2 hours later i get spammed with a whole bunch of codes from places that i was panic swapping so i wouldn't get locked out, from still having the original email associated

Shame on you public mobile......shame on you. to the full extent of...what ever. if this happens one more time, i will be canceling and deterring anyone from using this...."service" if i may call it that? go a head. call me boomer, it dont alter the fact im right. let the world see my name, i dont care. im rightfully UPSET.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mjn1  - you don't sound like a boomer, you just sound like someone expressing frustrations with something that should be working for you and feel like you have nowhere to go to fix it. I get it.

Are you new to public mobile? Or, have you been a customer for some time and this just started happening?

Texting should be pretty seamless.

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

• if  iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If this is not a imessage/chat feature issue, are you able to try your sim card into another compatible phone to see if texting works then? This could rule out a device issue/setting.

On your own device, with the PM sim card inside, you could also try performing a reset of the device's network settings, see if that resets something.

Or, uninstall the messages app, then reinstall it.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mjn1 

Sorry to hear that you have issue with PM support.  PM does not have call center.  PM uses members support members system.  You will be recommended to create support ticket to get help from CSA.  CSAgents are PM employees.  Therefore, your privacy will be protected.  

If you did your activation research before activation, you will know how PM system works.  But it is not too late to learn how to use PM system.   If you don't want to disclose your issue to us(members on this PM community forum), you can create support ticket using the Chatbot(SIMon) link at the bottom of this page.

Feel free to stay on this thread to ask more question.  Members are happy to help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mjn1  did you just port in your phone number into PM?  If so, it is normal for system generated text (those 2FA text)  to take as many as 3 days  to start sending to your new mobile provider.  It is a security measure as well as the technology involved  (a network routing issue, it takes time to sync the new route across the networks of the different providers).  It is not an issue with Public Mobile.     

Usually major providers , Rogers, Bell Telus , will learn the new route almost instantly.  So, text and calls between friends are ok. 

Smaller provider or VoIP provider (like Primus, Fongo, TextNow), will take longer, a day or two before people from those providers can call you or text you.   

System generated text will take even longer (again can be as many as 7 days).  Some of them , like banks or CRA,  also impose a couple days freeze when they aware you changed provider.  This is a security measure in case of sim fraud (people take your number away illegally)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I'm able to have long-winded text sessions with my family member is Florida w/o any problems at all. I wonder if there's a prob with your phone itself.

Would you mid telling us what kinda phone you using when this vexation occurs ?

Need Help? Let's chat.