Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not save changes in my Sim card

Kelz07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone my Sim card changes are not be completed what do I need to do

11 REPLIES 11

@Kelz07 wrote:

It continues to show the old Sim I be trying to change it for hours what could be wrong it allows to me to register the card as a brand new Sim but not to get it chage to an existing plan

@Kelz07 - it sounds like you are in the Activation pages, not your Self Serve account.

If you lost your current SIM card or damaged it somehow, and are trying to move your account and phone number over to a new SIM card, have you tried @softech steps?

IF this is still not working for you click the below link to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

If you're trying to save data on the SIM card itself - contacts, call/message history, personal files, whatever - then you'll find many phones do things differently.

Some automatically store (private) junk on SIM cards whether you want it there or not.

Some refuse to write anything to SIM card nvflash. Some of these make the contents of the SIM card invisible/unreadable to end-users, some provide file managers which will let you view (and perhaps save or delete) certain user files.

I wouldn't advise using SIM cards as data storage devices. Different devices access SIM card storage areas in different ways, the cards are unreliable for transferring data between devices. Reduced capacity (or extra bloat) on the cards can impair normal operation on some devices. And their low-cost low-density capacity is puny anyhow.

An SD card is a far better choice for storing files. A cloud account is a far better choice for (re)storing contacts and communication logs.

@Kelz07 

At this point I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent to help you change your SIM.

Type in Create a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them.

@Kelz07 were  you changing from the screen I showed above?

Kelz07

It's accpets  all the other changes except for the Sim change 

Kelz07

It continues to show the old Sim I be trying to change it for hours what could be wrong it allows to me to register the card as a brand new Sim but not to get it chage to an existing plan

@Kelz07 login to My Account  click Change Sim card from the Quick Links on top

enter the new sim card number on the next screen, pick the way to receive the 2FA code.  Once you got the code, enter to complete the step

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

@Kelz07 

You shouldn’t or required to register your new SIM.

If you lost your old SIM, login to your account on your PC but clear your cache, cookie and go incognito.

Go to Profile section and click on Change My SIM Card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kelz07 can you explain what have you done?  you requested change sim card? you got the code?  Did you reboot the phone once??

if you login to My Account now, the sim card, last 4 digits,  showing on your My Profile, is it showing the new one or old one??

Kelz07

Hi bkn  I already  have a Account all I need to have a Sim swap but it asking my to register it all over again and reprerchase a whole new plan when I try to just enter the Sim in swim swap o won't save it 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kelz07 

Do you mean you didn’t complete activating your new SIM?

Or changes in your account?

Could we get more details of your question?

Need Help? Let's chat.