cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from Emergency Reporting

FireFighter_SH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening,

I can't seem to receive messages through the Emergency Reporting system our fire department uses to send mass text messages. I haven't received a single text through the app. 

Is there any way I can fix this? I'm missing out on important information from my department ☹️

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

5 REPLIES 5

@FireFighter_SH 

please confirm if they are using email-to-text or SMS shortcode

Try to ask the administrator to delete you and re-add you back on the system and test

But again, if you just joined PM for less than a week and if it is a A2P type of text (app/system to person), then it could take as many as a week for it to start working after number being ported

FireFighter_SH

I'm not sure if the number out comes from only because I've never got one from the system. I'll talk to the others who get the texts and get back to you on that 👍

@FireFighter_SH 

if you just ported into PM for less than a week, those system generated text could take couple days to learn you changed provider.  So wait a full week to confirm

and can you tell me what short code you got those message from? or was it from a number 9999999999?

FireFighter_SH

Not sure how the system works. Essentially, it has all of the phone numbers of every individual in the department. We can send out a mass text message to whomever we want by selecting that person or those persons through the built in messaging system. So, for example, if Chief or one of the Deputy Chiefs wants to tell us about the next training night, an upcoming community event, etc. they can send to everyone but only have to write up one message. 

Does that make sense?

It probably doesn't answer your question though ☹️

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FireFighter_SH 

are you using email to texts?

and you just porting into PM within a week?

Need Help? Let's chat.