cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text

Sue181848
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just came over here from bell.   got my number released but I can't revive text messages or phone calls.   Please help

19 REPLIES 19

Sue181848

My phone just started to work randomly but now my data isn't working and I have it turned on.    This is getting g so annoying lol

David902

Rodgers figured out the fix for me and and any one else having this issue just go to factory reset and only click on reset network connection and solves the problem I tried every thing else nothing worked took rodgers a hour on my phone trying to get it fixed so I could switch back to them 

David902

I figured out how to fix it if you have not let me know it's easy

David902

Im so sick of it I  even tried going back to rodgers now I can't switch my number back as you need to be able to receive texts I guess their is a reason such a cheap service 

Sue181848

I can't call out.   My data don't work and I cant send or receive text.   The only thing I can do o call out.   I've called the port number and everything is fine.  My number transfers correctly so I have no idea what's going on.   It's been 2 days now and I have gotten no help

Sue181848

The only thing that works for me is I can call out.   My data don't work and I can revive phone calls or send or receive messages. 

David902

I made a ticket yesterday no response I called tells said number transfered sussuful thanks for your advice

@David902   If you're a new customer and can't receive voice calls then it could be a porting issue although above you said first you can call people but they can't call you, but then you said you can't call anyone?   I'll private message you the phone number, check your inbox in a couple of minutes.  If it's not something they can help with then you'll need to submit a ticket as already suggested.

David902

Sounds like my issue it's odd I can call people but they can't call me. I can't call or text anyone. So pretty much only fix I'd switching providers. ? I really need to get my number back I can't even get in to email

@David902   There is a technical problem with SMS texting with Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile for certain (new?) customers.  According to a post in another thread they are working on a fix.  If it's only SMS texting that's not working then could be you are affected by that if voice and data are working fine, especially incoming voice calls from unrelated carriers.

David902

Yes I just switched last night from Rodgers to here every thing seemed to work I got the text texted yes but now cant text or receive texts . 

hi @David902 

you have a new activation?  that porting team number only works for new activation with porting

if you are existing customer for sometime, not newly port over your line, you need to submit ticket with agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

David902

Im having the same issue since yesterday I even reset my phone to factory reset thinking maybe it was my end now im locked out of my email even cause I can't receive a text to verify its me could you send me that number ?

Sue181848

I called and everything is done right but I still can't reviews calls or text.   I'm so frustrated someone help me please

@Sue181848 

Please note that your old Bell SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours until porting is completed then power off the phone and switch the SIM and power back on.

@Sue181848 

Are you able to send texts or make outgoing calls?

For stuck ports, you just unable to receive texts and calls, but should be able to call out and send out texts. 

Sue181848

I already did all that and I called bell to make sure.   They said my number was successful transfered.   I can't send messages or receive or reviews phone calls.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sue181848 

the porting was not done.  If you just replied Yes to Bell's text, it can take another 30 mins to 3 hours

Try to reboot the phone every once in awhile

but it could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sue181848 

That usually means that your port was no successfully completed yet.  How long did you ago did you initiate the port?  It can take 1-2 hours.  

Make sure to keep your Bell SIM card in your phone to receive the port request text and respond yes to that request. 

If more than 2 hours, let us know and we can private message you the Telus porting team number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.