cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text from Amazon

JudyW999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I receive them from other agencies.  Is anyone else having this issue?

14 REPLIES 14

@bvKrmr wrote:

Yes....I've had issues the past 72 hours. I was on the phone with them, with no resolution. 

@bvKrmr  what was the phone issue?  same 672 problem?

bvKrmr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes....I've had issues the past 72 hours. I was on the phone with them, with no resolution. 

@JudyW999  you got a 672 number?  Yes, 672 is known to have issue.  It is not a PM issue but an over issue with this new area code

We have another threads after 672 area code earlier this year  too...

Solved: Number not recognized by many services - Community (publicmobile.ca)

and another thread about Google not accepting it

Invalid telephone number or area code not in google system? - Android Community

If this is a new number you just picked when you join PM, you might consider changing it now before you are too dependent on this 672 number.

@JudyW999 wrote:

I can't get calls from government offices either.  So if I leave a voicemail I tell them they have to use a cell phone to call me back.  I don't think some places are set up for 672 area code.  

@JudyW999 You may be right about this. But gesh, it seems to have been long enough to work out this area code; it has been over 2 years!

I wonder if you can report this to the specific government office, maybe just a revisions of their database.

I wonder if that is the Amazon issue as well. 🤔

JudyW999

I can't get calls from government offices either.  So if I leave a voicemail I tell them they have to use a cell phone to call me back.  I don't think some places are set up for 672 area code.  

JudyW999

JudyW999

No.  I called them back and has the account reset, but still not getting texts.  

Did you Ever received such code from Amazon?

JudyW999

you enter a security code but it still wants to send a text, which is the problem.  Not my favourite supplier anyways but this is a frustrating situation.  I will call them again and try another agent.  Thanks

@JudyW999 wrote:

No they couldn't.  They asked for another cell phone number but my husband isn't home right now to try that.  I have noticed that some offices are unable to reach my cell being an 672 area code.  Maybe that's the issue.  

That doesn't sound right. I would contact them again. Not all (but most) Amazoon customers have cell phones.  Also, what's the point of this security measure if they're willing to override it by someone calling in and giving a different phone number?  Is there password reset option that works through e-mail?

When it comes to the issue of having an 672 area code, that's a probelm with the other company and it isn't related to anything that Public Mobile can do anything about. Some companies use databases to verify that numbers are valid. Unfortunately, these databases aren't always up-to-date. These companies need to either remove that phone number legitimacy check or update their databases.

JudyW999

No they couldn't.  They asked for another cell phone number but my husband isn't home right now to try that.  I have noticed that some offices are unable to reach my cell being an 672 area code.  Maybe that's the issue.  

@JudyW999 wrote:

no I was doing a password reset.  As part of a two part authentication I receive the code to my email but just not getting the text message.  I have called amazon and they  have confirmed the correct number.  They have suggested to contact carrier

It could be a carrier issue but it could also be an Amazon issue.  Did Amazon customer service at least get the password reset for you?  Surely, they have a procedure in place if the text message isn't coming through.

JudyW999

no I was doing a password reset.  As part of a two part authentication I receive the code to my email but just not getting the text message.  I have called amazon and they  have confirmed the correct number.  They have suggested to contact carrier

@JudyW999 wrote:

I receive them from other agencies.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Are you asking about the text message that Amazon sends you every time you log in from a different IP address? I'm receiving those fine, although I'm finding that there's a delay of about 10 seconds. Are you a brand new customer and did you just port the phone number to Public Mobile?  That can sometimes cause issues with these types of messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.