cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some texts...

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

So recently, I haven't received three texts from two of my friends (well, at least, those that I know of...)

Friend 1: Wednesday around noon: text not received, they text me again later asking if I had received it and from there on it appears to be working normally.

Friend 2:

- Monday morning: I sent a text, then less than an hour later they sent a text back, which I never received. My phone was definitively charged, with full cell reception (not that it should change anything though). We then exchanged some texts on Tuesday evening, and I got my cell on airplane mode for the night.

- Wednesday morning: I remove my cell from airplane mode. Later I receive a text from my friend asking if I got their message (sent earlier in the morning); I had received nothing. My cell might have been on airplane mode at the time the 1st text was sent. Everything worked well after they sent the second one and I replied.

I can't say if the problem is solved or not, but nobody else mentioned texts I hadn't replied to...

Any clues? I don't believe it the text app (Android stock), since it always worked without any problem, could it be the network somehow? Anybody else had similar problems this week?

6 REPLIES 6

Curious, why would you use airplane mode, rather than do not disturb?

With airplane mode, you’re turning off network connection, DND is only muting the sound (with optional permissive by choice selections).

@Someone_here wrote:

So recently, I haven't received three texts from two of my friends (well, at least, those that I know of...)

By any chance are the the text that aren't being received all coming from one specific carrier?  Some of the time, intercarrier messages can cause a problem.

@mh1983 wrote:

Assume you've tried a reboot?

Maybe check your APN settings? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Please realize that APN setting have nothing to do with text messaging.  APN settings are only there to make data work.

Yes I rebooted (however after learning for all 3 missing texts, I can't say for sure if it worked or not), APN settings are ok.

Well, let's just hope I don't hear from it again I guess 😉

My plan: unlimited texts and talk.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Someone_here, I just sent and received text about an hour ago.  I am also using the stock android app.  What plan do you have? 

Need Help? Let's chat.