cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls or text and no outgoing texts

Lord_Jords
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Wondering if any solutions are available since from the forum posts it seems this has been a common problem.

I recently bought and activated a Public Mobile plan for my phone and since switching my number over I have not been able to receive incoming calls or texts along with not being able to make outgoing calls or texts. 

Luckily the data works.

I tried some other solutions on this end by trying the sim in a different phone and resetting the networks on the phone however these yielded limited to no results. 

My hope is Public Mobile can reset the connection from their end and resolve the issue.

I am open to any other suggestions so please if you have some advice I would really appreciate it

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Lord_Jords  If you attempted to port your number to Public Mobile from your previous provider, your number port is probably stuck/pending. When you initiated the port, a confirmation text would have been sent to the SIM from the previous carrier that you would have had to reply to within 90 minutes.

To confirm this, place your previous carrier SIM back into your phone and see if it is still working. If so, the port wasn't successful as the previous service should have ceased working shortly after it was confirmed. If so, you will need to open a ticket with the CS agents to re-try your port, to trigger a new confirmation text to your previous providers SIM.

@Lord_Jords 

Check to see if there is an outage in your area:

Outage map 

If there are no outages then it could be a provisional issue so contact a CS_Agent.

Submit a ticket on Simon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon above.

Lord_Jords

No its not an iphone and yes I did that when I switched the phone plan.

Lord_Jords

My old sim does not work anymore. I successfully ported the number when I went switched phone providers. However I still cannot receive incoming calls or text messages

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lord_Jords 

Rookie mistake by new members not to reply to the text with YES confirming you are porting your old number over to PM with the old SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be canceled.

If you missed replying to the text or replied passed 90 minutes. You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Your old SIM should still work if porting was canceled.

I will pm you the porting department to complete the porting for you but keep the old SIM in your phone for now until you receive the text.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this an iphone?

Did you leave the old sim in a phone to receive the text to confirm the transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.