cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving authentication text codes and messages from some people

snabess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched a month ago from Rogers, I cannot receive authentication codes to log in to sites (i.e., this site, CRA log in etc), there's some people I cannot send or receive texts with and some people's calls aren't coming through. 

How do I fix this?? If it matters I'm on an iphone. 

5 REPLIES 5

@snabess 

happy that it helps!!

But for text, since you just finally ported today, it is NORMAL that some system text like 2FA will take as many as 7 days.  So, you will starting getting system text from  now, but it might be as late as next Thur before you see all system text coming succesfully,.

snabess

Thanks! this seems like it worked 🙂 It never occurred that I hadn't been receiving calls because I tend to text or facetime! ha! 

snabess

I never got a message. I called the port line and think it's sorted now

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@snabess 

During your porting from Rogers, did you reply to the text YES from Rogers confirming you are porting your number to PM?

This is the most important step to complete the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@snabess   did you ever receive incoming voice calls?  I have a feeling your porting request was not completed.  If it has been OVER a month, the porting request would have been voided

Login to My Account and check the Profile Page, see if the phone number still showing the phone number you need to port.  If not, the earlier poring request was not completed and voided.  You will need to re-request porting from Rogers

If it shows the number you want to port in, 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.