cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving a system generated message possibly international

jidanz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

Im not able to receive a car system generated message sending to my phone number. By checking the phone number sending the message to other phone numbers, it looks like an international message from California. 

I'm on a $15 per month plan, I saw some people mentioning premium message, is it true that I won't be able to receive this message and that's the end of story? 

Thx . 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jidanz 

Are you referring to the hands free system in your car?

Is the Bluetooth paired to your phone to the hands free?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jidanz - so others receive the text message from this same sender, but it comes in as a California number? And you do not receive the message?

You should have no issue receiving it from a Public Mobile service 'point of view', so don't think this is a public issue. Don't know what premium message is. All incoming texts should be coming in local and international like anyone else's. 

Can you try your SIM card in another phone and see if the message is received...that is if you know the person sending it to you to test it again. This could identify a device issue.

Try restarting your phone, then do a reset of the network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jidanz did you just ported your number into PM?

did it ever work (you ever receive it on PM sim or on other provider)?

International system generated text might not be able to get to Canadian mobile. 

If they sent via shortcode, those coming from US shortcode would not deliver to Canada. 

If sent by 10 digits number , it could still be blocked due to CASL

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long have you been with Public? How long has it been with this car system service? If it's an SMS or MMS then it shouldn't be a problem. Isn't that how all these things come in?

Need Help? Let's chat.