cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any texts or 5g service

ChrisSk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my account Saturday morning. I cannot send or receive texts. I'm also not getting 5g service in Calgary. Later Saturday I submitted a service ticket but haven't heard anything. Do they email you? How long does it typically take to get things resolved? TIA.

10 REPLIES 10

Which I'm sure they won't. Unfortunately, they consider this phone too technology dated. This is one of our phones and LTE works fast. Sometimes LTE + 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Phil_Adelphus - Yes, when PM rolled out 5G and when Koodo did - the S20 was compatible - but due to that the device doesn't support updates anymore (Security Only) there can't be an option unless Samsung updates the software of the S20 lineup.

@fixin   Yes, something to do with Koodo and PM not having 5G when Samsung released that phone therefore it isn't set up for it, I think it was said Samsung would need to do an update?

fixin

@ChrisSk - Yeah, the S20 lineup isn't supported by PM - an agreement between Telus to not have 5G on PM or Koodo for the device.

@ChrisSk   The Galaxy S20 FE reportedly does not typically show the 5G option on Public Mobile but should still get good speeds on 4G/LTE.  What speed are you getting?   There may be a technical problem with SMS texts, at least there was a day or two ago, affecting Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile.  That was according to what one customer was told by customer service but there's been no official confirmation that I've seen.  For MMS check out this FAQ about APN changes

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/picture-messaging-updates 

@ChrisSk  Unfortunately the s20 is 5G capable phone but is not supported on PM for 5G network . Instead just 4G/LTE . 

ChrisSk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Not getting any texts whatsoever. And never see the 5G indicator.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I know there have been a lot of messages regarding not receiving texts lately. They usually respond with 2-4 hours, but I can appreciate they are probably busy. They response by message. Check your avatar top right, beside the bell if using the web. Click for Messages. Will have a number if there is a message waiting. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisSk  Public mobile been having issues with new activations . But 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

fixin

@ChrisSk - What phone do you have? About the texts - pictures or just plain text?

Please wait for the ticket to be assigned to a CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.