cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make or receive a phone call?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
    1. If you're not able to receive phone calls, check the following:
      1. Is your phone turned on? Ensure that the phone is on and ready to answer. We recommend you call your mobile number from another phone if one is available.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area. Please see our coverage maps for details.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. Is the ringer on the phone loud enough to be heard? Check that the phone is not set to vibrate or low ring volume.
      5. Check that the phone is not set to Call Forward. Call Forward can be turned off by accessing call settings.
      6. Check to make sure the phone is not set to ‘auto answer’ (refer to user guide for details).
      7. Is the problem happening only when using a headset? If so, try without the headset.
    2. If you're unable to make outbound phone calls
      1. Ensure that you are subscribed to calling services and that you are dialing 10 digits (area code plus 7 digit number) when placing calls.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. If the call you are making is Canadian/US long distance, ensure that you have subscribed to long distance services and dial 1 plus the 10 digital number.
      5. If the issue is with calling an International number, then please ensure that you have Overseas Long Distance minutes remaining on your subscription and refer to the list of countries to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.
      6. Check if there is a problem with the number being dialled. Try dialling the same number from another mobile or landline phone.

78 REPLIES 78

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Excellent, then you should still be able to get phone support. Does 611 work on your cell phone?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Maybe someone could also post the toll free number if possible.

Rockdaddy22
That means you get phone support, try 611 like suggested above.

Kony
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your advise. I have this account for a couple of years.

youbme

Note: If you have been with Public Mobile prior to January 2015, then you can call them directly, either using 611 on your phone (if you can make outgoing calls) or their toll-free number (which I don't know off hand).

Rockdaddy22
I just tried to call it and I get a weird message about entering a password. Hopefully someone can help you ASAP.

youbme

@Kony wrote:

My phone number is XXXXXXXXX. I am not able to make or receive a phone call since yesterday morning. I had people trying to call me, but a message comes on every time about a wireless voice maibox... Please help me, I am an elderly person and I rely on my phone for emergency calls. You can email XXXXXXXX or call XXXXXXXX. Thank you.

@Kony, please do not post personal info on the forum as it is completely public and searchable.

You will need to send a message to Public Mobile through this link.

Have you been able to receive calls in the past or is this a new account?

Hi. You better remove your Cell #, as this is a Public forum, and Google has a Fat Nosey Spy Bot that has tendency of collecting data for its Leather Book archives. Unless you really want Unwanted Calls, Best remove it now

Kony

My phone number is 647-768-2197. I am not able to make or receive a phone call since yesterday morning. I had people trying to call me, but a message comes on every time about a wireless voice maibox... Please help me, I am an elderly person and I rely on my phone for emergency calls. You can email gabyd@rogers.com or call 416-417-5961. Thank you.

@libranrjy3, You should consider removing your Cell #, Sim Order #

Any Personal info, Cell #, Sim #, Sim Order #, CC #, Email, stuff like that should NEVER be posted on the community at all

This ONLY should be applied when Emailing Public Mobile Support ONLY

Google's NOSEY Spy Fat Bot has the tendency for digging info for its special black book archives, which is NOT a GOOD thing at times.

Unless you want the unexpected Call or Text, Best remove this NOW

@libranrjy3 please delete your phone number. It is of no use to the Communitty in assisting you, AND effectively publishes it to the world. Posts here are totally public, not private in any way.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mujtabakhan

I phone has stopped wrking. Can not make or receive any call.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Assuming a normal workload, you should be contacted by a representative within 2 calendar days.

Cheers.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@P27rici2

1) Try power cycling your handset (on-off)

2) If this still does not work, try removing and re-inserting your SIM card

Let me know if this helps?

P27rici2

Hello,

My phone was working fine last night, but as of this morning it thinks that every call  I make is long distance and I know I am able to call anywhere in Canada, but now the phone won't let me make calls, but I can receive calls.

How do I fix this?

@nasim20,

Did you try to reboot your cell phone?

If your issue have not been fixed after the reboot, you may have to send an email to Public Mobile.

How to send an email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will try to answer you ASAP.

nasim20

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5.

Could you please verify and resolve?

libranrjy3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is NO INCOMING on my IPHONE 5S. I could make outgoing calls & Browse Net.

My Phone Number # 4373450700
SIM Order Number : 25115

Received SIM on JAN.9TH.2015
Activated SIM on FEB.3RD.2015
PAID $90.00 

Could you please verify and resolve.

Need Help? Let's chat.