cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Canadian Credit Cards

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Okay..

So it’s kind of a weird question, but here goes.

MY SISTER lives in the USA, and we’ve both grown frustrated with my mom’s plan on Rogers.

its fine, it’s worked for her. But we’ve run into issues...

for the same same cost of loading her paygo phone for 200 texts, she could get unlimited Canada and international texts with PM... plus a few bucks.

heres the kicker.  My sister is EXTRA frustrated cause if she needs to contact/text our mother and her phone is out of $/time she COULD reload it, except they won’t accept her American card.

Will she have the same issue with PM’s card payment system?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JamesJK I'm not sure.  You can send a private message to Moderator_Team and maybe they can tell you why.

If you are having trouble using your credit card, you can try purchasing Public Mobile voucher.

JamesJK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@MacMeI've spent hours trying to get my mastercard that was issued in Japan (through a Japanese company) to work. I thought it might be an address issue because the street address part is a bit different from how streets are named in Canada, but is the issue just because the card is from Japan? If cards from places other than the U.S. or Canada aren't accepted, why does PM have the option to choose other countries when entering the CC information?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite the link above was the one I was thinking of the other day when we were discussing this topic.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It should be fine:

" We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Need Help? Let's chat.