cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text messages or imessages

Thomasin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent 3 tickets in the last 24 hours as I'm a new customer as of yesterday morning and I haven't heard back. I have tried EVERYTHING in these threads and nothing. I still cannot receive any text messages or Imessages or facetime requests. My phone calls drop. I need this resolved otherwise I need to go to another provider ASAP as I use this phone for work.

8 REPLIES 8

hi @Thomasin what was the activation issue? why leave?? 

eSIM problem??

Thomasin

@hTideGnow 

I have done all the troubleshooting that has been suggested on other threads. I activated my PM account yesterday morning. I have sent 3 tickets in the last 24 hours and no response. I cannot get text messages from anyone! All my phone calls drop. Now I can’t go to another provider without using my phone number! 

hi @Thomasin is your PM account active?? you cannot receive text even from friends?

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Thomasin

I’m so extremely frustrated as I cannot even transfer my number to go to another service provider because I cannot receive text messages. Public Mobile please reach out to me asap!!!

Thomasin

@asurgeon 

Thanks for that. I tried that twice and still not working. I’m going to be going to another provider later today. I can’t keep going without full use of my phone for work. 

asurgeon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Thomas in. This is to share with you as I had the same issue:

Finally someone from PM reached out to me via chatting and said he refreshed the network and asked me to Power off and wait for 2 minutes and on and then test. I did and now it works.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS on Android and iMessages and FaceTime and such. There is no ETA of when it will be resolved. Here is their announcement.

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team

Keep an eye on this thread as they SHOULD update it when things are fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasin 

That is unacceptable, for sure.

Have you tried (if using physical SIM card), to place your SIM in another device to see if these services function?

Can you try that?

Other than the typical rebooting device, resetting network connections, and toggling airplane mode on/off, the other only thing I can think of is ensuring your SIM Manager is 'pointing' to the correct SIM slot if you're using a dual-SIM device.

Need Help? Let's chat.