cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

stacy8888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I work downtown and have ZERO service at my job site, which is where i mainly need my phone and spend at least 12hrs of my day. Service works fine outside but inside the building it is non existent. Ive done the 3g/lte switch and nothing. At my condo, its 50/50 1 bar of service or none. I know it is not my phone and I have only had this problem since switching to this company. does anyone have any solutions? at this point I will be switching yet again to another provider.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@stacy8888 wrote:

I work downtown and have ZERO service at my job site, which is where i mainly need my phone and spend at least 12hrs of my day. Service works fine outside but inside the building it is non existent. Ive done the 3g/lte switch and nothing. At my condo, its 50/50 1 bar of service or none. I know it is not my phone and I have only had this problem since switching to this company. does anyone have any solutions? at this point I will be switching yet again to another provider.

Aside from there possibly being a tempory network adjustment being made at the current time causing these issues, sadly, your only real choice would be to switch to Rogers or Freedom to see if their networks are able to better provide service at those lcoations (going to Bell/Lucky/Virgin or Telus/Koodo won't help).

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

BTW unless you are on a 3 day work week.....you are working too long of a day. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like the walls are an issue. Try by an open window or deck? Try another phone in the areas of issue or ask others....might be a poor quality phone/antennae. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stacy8888 So, it has been like this for some time and not just a day or two?

What kind of phone do you have?

PM and Telus shares the network with Bell, do you know if any of your friends use Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Telus/Koodo have the same issue?    Or they are all good? (but most of these other carriers have VoLTE and that might be the difference)

Also, do you notice any better with data or same?

I suggest you try to open a ticket with PM Support to report this, but it might not be a quick fix.  Some specific locations do have coverage issue and they might never be able to fix it (I used to have Rogers problem inside a building at Bay and Front, the issue never goes away)

So, if you need the service at those location and it never got any better, it's unfortunate, but you might need to consider to change to a provider that works well there

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.