cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Jadont
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Extreamly disappointed with public mobile have had no service since I paid for the plan and nothing has worked poor quality and bad service 

11 REPLIES 11

@Jadont 

PM is a prepaid cell provider so no refund.

Did you power off the phone when you insert the SIM in the phone?

Try that…if that doesn’t work. Contact a CS_Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button then type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompts.

My friend had the same problem and the CS_Agent fixed the problem the next day. He forgot to reply to the SMS text with YES after the 90 minute window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jadont 

are you getting new number or Transfer your old number to public mobile, if so

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you miss it put it back your old SIM card and try to see the SMS,

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

and do some troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and 
try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Maybe your SIM is defective?

Did you port your number from another provider? It takes day to two for everything to gets settled.

Stuff happens and that is no reason to say 'bad service and poor quality'.

If you are patient enough all issues will be resolved.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also removing and reseating the sim.

@Jadont wrote:

I joined yesterday around 5pm my account says it’s fully activated but I have no service no matter what I try I’ve tried my sim in another phone turning off my phone resetting my phone and all my network settings, still no service I have an I phone 8 is there anyway can be refunded if it still won’t work by tomorrow? 

Hi @Jadont   @  did you try reboot your phone? you tried to put your SIM on another phone to test?

sometimes there is problem with activation, open a ticket with PM support and they will look into it.  click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

1. type: Activation
  2. click "Activation isn't working"
  3. click "Other/Error code 821"
  4. click "Contact Us"
  5. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  6. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jadont  Did you bring your number from another provider or you selected a brand new number?

Connect your phone to a computer and open iTunes. See if it pushes any updates to your phone.

@Jadont 

There are no refunds on prepaid services.

Were you porting your number from another provider? If so, did you respond yes to the port authorization request by leaving your old provider SIM card in your device?

Jadont
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined yesterday around 5pm my account says it’s fully activated but I have no service no matter what I try I’ve tried my sim in another phone turning off my phone resetting my phone and all my network settings, still no service I have an I phone 8 is there anyway can be refunded if it still won’t work by tomorrow? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jadont 

3 more things to check:

1. Is your device compatible
  2. Could it be blacklisted or locked to another carrier
  3. Is there a service outage in your area

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jadont 

Can you give us a little more details of your situation please?

Are you a new customer activating? Are you porting your number from another provider?

Did this happen on or around your renewal date?

You could sign in to self-serve and check to see if the status of your account is active.

While you're there, check the change SIM card feature to ensure the last four digits listed there matches the last 4 digits of the SIM card in your device.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jadont  When did you join? What's working and what is not working? What model phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.